> couple of weeks who seem to be here just to

> antagonise and be unpleasant. Strangely, a lot of

> them seem to have animal based names!

funnylookingowl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Boomers getting comments they don't like deleted-

> nice. I think they got upset because so many

> people disagreed with them.

I'd have thought your comment was deleted because it was toxic!

funnylookingowl Wrote:

> nice. I think they got upset because so many

> people disagreed with them.

I'm only GenX by a few years - almost a Boomer.

Siduhe Wrote:

> nice.

>

> We're pretty much more Gen X on average on this

> forum. And only 34 days till the start of term...

Gen X and proud (although my kids call me boomer).

Didn't we get a wave of, ahem, opinionated newcomers to the forum this time last year who expressed their views on the Dawson's Hill evening frivolities? This is becoming something of an annual event - it must indeed be something to do with the time of year.....at least these ones seem to be able to string a sentence together, something last year's influx seemed to struggle with!

Just had to look up what "gen" I am. Turns out I'm on the cusp of Gen X and boomer. Not sure if that makes me a fun vacuum or an old fogey :)

I may be a supporter and regular attender of the festival, but I decry the name calling and nasty comments of some other supporters. I hope the organisers can work with the community to ensure the festival continues to go ahead with compromises if necessary on both sides.

Hi Blah Blah,

Just wanted to highlight a couple of things, those of us who have been lucky enough to be able to work from home during the pandemic have had to endure lots of building work and children screaming all day every day when the school were closed. There was no opportunity to close the door when the temp was 32 degrees +, yet some of us had to still work our normal hours and cope with all those added distractions. Many people don't want to have children, as is their right, or worse would love to have children yet for many reasons, can't, and these people live next door to families with young children and deal with them screaming, laughing, crying etc. all through the night and all through the day and they don't complain to you.

I think it would be really kind if you had a think about how much your children affect your neighbours throughout the year, not only 3 days, and perhaps thought about how they felt about that. I'm sure they are very pleasant to your children despite the fact that they wake them up/keep them awake/ruin their relaxing time in the garden and have never mentioned a gripe.

Perhaps a bit of the old "Do unto others as you wish to be done by" is relevant here. If you're certain that your children are so peaceful and quiet that they never cry/scream/shout and have annoyed people who have to work from home during this pandemic then please accept my apologies, but unless you breed robots, I sincerely doubt that is possible.

Hi Blah Blah,

Just wanted to highlight a couple of things, those of us who have been lucky enough to be able to work from home during the pandemic have had to endure lots of building work and children screaming all day every day when the school were closed. There was no opportunity to close the door when the temp was 32 degrees +, yet some of us had to still work our normal hours and cope with all those added distractions. Many people don't want to have children, as is their right, or worse would love to have children yet for many reasons, can't, and these people live next door to families with young children and deal with them screaming, laughing, crying etc. all through the night and all through the day and they don't complain to you.

I think it would be really kind if you had a think about how much your children affect your neighbours throughout the year, not only 3 days, and perhaps thought about how they felt about that. I'm sure they are very pleasant to your children despite the fact that they wake them up/keep them awake/ruin their relaxing time in the garden and have never mentioned a gripe.

Perhaps a bit of the old "Do unto others as you wish to be done by" is relevant here. If you're certain that your children are so peaceful and quiet that they never cry/scream/shout and have annoyed people who have to work from home during this pandemic then please accept my apologies, but unless you breed robots, I sincerely doubt that is possible.

So you registered on 4/8/21 to criticise Blah Blah when you know nothing about him or his children. He might have something to say about that. What I'd say is, firstly, comparing a child crying to loud music isn't equivalent. Children cry. It's normal. Blasting music so loud on Saturday that I could hear it half a mile away is not. I had to close all windows and turn TV volume up. And I could still hear the thud thud thud all day. Besides that, I've lived next to neighbours with older children and not even known they were in. Plenty of quiet children around in UK. I was quiet as a kid as were my siblings. Go to somewhere like Thailand and you might be surprised how quiet and well behaved children can be. As for do unto others, I don't blast my music so loud people 0.5 mile away can hear it. Even my immediate neighbours couldn't tell you what genre of music I listen to.

edit- hit post too early (:

Cyclemonkey Wrote:

> Money. Festivals pay to use these sites.

And it makes for a more interesting area to live in. Festivals are fun, lots of nice people come and many of those might never have been to the area before.

Big up The Rye

Easynow Wrote:

> Hi Blah Blah,

>

> Just wanted to highlight a couple of things, those

> of us who have been lucky enough to be able to

> work from home during the pandemic have had to

> endure lots of building work and children

> screaming all day every day when the school were

> closed. There was no opportunity to close the door

> when the temp was 32 degrees +, yet some of us had

> to still work our normal hours and cope with all

> those added distractions. Many people don't want

> to have children, as is their right, or worse

> would love to have children yet for many reasons,

> can't, and these people live next door to families

> with young children and deal with them screaming,

> laughing, crying etc. all through the night and

> all through the day and they don't complain to

> you.

>

> I think it would be really kind if you had a think

> about how much your children affect your

> neighbours throughout the year, not only 3 days,

> and perhaps thought about how they felt about

> that. I'm sure they are very pleasant to your

> children despite the fact that they wake them

> up/keep them awake/ruin their relaxing time in the

> garden and have never mentioned a gripe.

>

> Perhaps a bit of the old "Do unto others as you

> wish to be done by" is relevant here. If you're

> certain that your children are so peaceful and

> quiet that they never cry/scream/shout and have

> annoyed people who have to work from home during

> this pandemic then please accept my apologies, but

> unless you breed robots, I sincerely doubt that is

> possible.

My children don't make disruptive noise for ten hours a day three days in a row. Maybe try comparing like for like next time.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Due to flood alleviation works that are expected to take place in the Park, plans have been put forward for a location on Peckham Rye Common. The site would occupy nearly half the Common north of the caf? and children?s playground.

The event is scheduled for the 2nd-4th of June spanning the Queen?s Platinum Jubilee Bank holiday weekend. The site would be blocked off for some 19 days between 23rd May and 10th June.

The change of location would have severe noise implications for the residential properties in close proximity East and West of the Common.

Although a decision appears to have been made you can contact Southwark Events [email protected] Ref: SWKEVE000460 GALA music Festival, for more information and submit feedback.

The consultation period has already opened and closes 10th February. There are meant to blue posters for a licencing application in the Park.