Save Gather (Bellenden Road)

Owner Tash with a heartfelt plea:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CRn9HXXIKwA/

It's been really tough out there for a lot of independent businesses over the past couple of months.

Those of us who can need to continue supporting local retailers who were there for us during the various lockdowns (especially those helping to reduce plastic waste and paying a decent wage).

It takes guts to ask for help like this - fingers crossed we don't lose yet another great local.

Go and check out Gather. A fantastic store, with bags of potential.

This is a great shop and social enterprise, and huge community asset. I do all my dry goods and cleaning materials shopping there. The stuff is very high quality, and all organic unless labelled otherwise. I've learnt so much from the people working there, their newsletters and Instagram, and even been influenced in the way I renovated my house. (The interior of

that beautiful shop was built of things mainly bought second hand off this forum.) Please don't let it go down!

For those of you who would haven't been before, they're at 121 Bellenden Rd, London SE15 4QY, more or less opposite the Begging Bowl.

They're open most days 10am ? 6pm (until 4:30 pm on Sundays).

And if you've been to Gather and liked what you found, leave a review (these help with boosting businesses in local search):

https://goo.gl/maps/CyNDo67Ytmfy8TJE7

If for any reason you can't make it down, you can order a limited range of products online.

We shop a lot at Gather, a wide range of goods and really good value, especially as you just buy what you need. They were a lifeline in the first lockdown; they had things like flour when no one else did. And they are lovely people.

Very sorry indeed to hear this, I haven't shopped there since the start of the first lockdown as I was getting everything delivered, but I will make a real effort to now.

The people are lovely, the shop is lovely and the food is good, so please support them!

• 2 weeks later...
Another shoutout for Gather. This is a lovely shop with an amazing range of products: dry goods, oils & vinegars, household/personal products etc. The quality is very high and the owner is friendly and full of good advice. They also stock a range of glass bottles that are very easy to refill and look pretty on your kitchen counter or in the bathroom. This shop offers several easy wins to reduce our plastic footprint. Highly recommended.

• 2 months later...

Rather late to this! - but a HUGE thanks to all of you for such lovely words about Gather (and @tomszekeres for kicking off this thread by sharing our video plea). It means the world to me and my team.

The support Gather received in the days after the video was amazing - we definitely saw some regular faces again, and met some new ones. Then holidays came and - understandably - things got quiet again. We don't want to give up on Gather yet!

Gather's a locally owned, independent, social enterprise business. We're passionate about making it easier for our community to live lower impact as affordably as possible. My team are super friendly and we love to chat about all things eco.

If you've not yet shopped with us - please pop in and give us a go. If you used to, but got out of the habit when life went all surreal - we'd love to see you again. (And if you're a regular who's still with us: thank you, so much.)

We're trying a few new things to make sure we offer what our community needs. We're now open every day, and 'til 7pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. We're always bringing in new products, often based on customer suggestions - most recently, lots of pantry tins and jars to make it easier to shop with us. And right now we're doing pre-orders on xmas cake kits, so our customers can get their cake plastic-free with the convenience of not having to weigh out 1.5kg of ingredients!

Gather's also more than a store: we run a monthly book club, a popular monthly newsletter, we've got a mini-library and a lot of our social content focuses on eco education.

We really hope to see you in store soon!