Pothole North Cross Road

Please be careful when either cycling or driving down North Cross Road as there is a very deep pothole. My son, who is an experienced cyclist, has just come off his bike and is now at KCH.

The pothole is in the middle of the road and is difficult to see when going up towards the Actress but easily seen going the other way towards LL.

It?s close to the old school.

Well sadly my son has had stitches, a broken tooth, suspected broken jaw and various other injuries including a black eye.

Let's hope it's repaired quickly so no-one else suffers the same.

I dread to think what could happen if one of those bikes carrying children in the box on the front went into It!

The council must maintain all public footpaths, pathways and roads to a safe standard, as defined in Section 58 of the Highways Act, 1980, I know it will not make up for your son?s trauma, but worth pursuing an injury claim. King?s is a great unit and I hope he recovers soon.

Also inform your local councillor, it needs to be repeated ASAP.

Thirded - good idea, but I doubt a big bureaucracy like the council will implement this. It could be classed as asking worker X to do worker Y's duty, etc. (Eg. an email to the council resulted in a damaged tree branch being cut down - great - except it was left there in the road for a week until I complained and then some other department picked it up, despite its having been passed daily by the litter picker and the bag picker-upper, and having been reported as a done job by the tree department.)

Sorry to hear about your son. Hope he fully recovers.

For any other cyclists reading this, there is an app available, on iPhone at least, called ?fill that hole?.

Not a name you will forget.

Simple to use, quick to enter details including photos / location et and from my experience over many years, results in a repair within days.

Southwark repairs seem quicker than Lambeth.

It?s good to know 2mins of my time, hopefully can save a fall like your son?s.

There is also one near Gilkes on ED Grove. Be careful it is in the path of cyclists. I?ll report it, but I imagine it will get worse before it get?s repaired.

If the parking guys could carry some bright yellow spray paint they could circle the pothole as a warning to cyclists and then report the pothole. Southwark could introduce a ?5 bonus for each pothole reported and circled.

Cheaper than being sued each time.

• 1 month later...