Horse meat

EJTH

If there was ever a time to support our local independent shops and the Saturday market it's now. Don't mind eating horse meat, have had it in France, but when I buy supposedly quality beef that's what I expect to get.

Nope I don't eat Tesco burgers or Findus lasagne. BUT this will not be limited to them I reckon. It's all about knowing the farm to fork journey and getting what is says on the label. The pressure the supermarkets are placing on the suppliers will mean that shortcuts will have be taken everywhere. I reckon this is jus the tip of a much bigger iceberg

We're very lucky in Dulwich to have a quality butcher and many other local independent businesses who can give us information on exactly where their stock comes from and we should definitely support them. I always urge my clients to buy fresh food rather than processed food, and to by local as often as they can. You have to know what you are putting into your body.

Or stop eating animal flesh?

If you are interested in hearing about meat free lifestyle come along to the next Dulwich Veggies meeting - all welcom, Wednesday 13 February 2013, @7.30pm ?Vegan Business opportunities?, Blue Brick cafe, 14 Fellbrigg Road, East Dulwich, SE22, just off Lordship lane.

Confirm via the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/events/331135063672177/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Thomas

Thomas Micklewright

South London Veg*ns

Call me!: 07789 322 920

Twitter: @DulwichVeganSoc

Facebook: ?Brixton Vegans?, ?Dulwich Vegans?, ?Clapham Vegans?, 'Crystal Palace Vegans' ?Lewisham Vegans? 'Rotherhithe Vegans' Website:www.dvvs.vegangroup.co.uk

(And there's me thinking Tom was a bloke's name. The worst aspect of this horsemeat thing is the possibility that a drugged racehorse may have entered the foodchain and the people responsible for the horse meat are totally unscrupulous- but they may have done us all a favour in the long run.

Thomas Micklewright thank u!!!! i am veg .i cant come tonight but i ll love to come another day . i ll check your update on facebook .

sabrina

PS. i am veg .but i dont try to make everybody veg . just saying . every body is free and is free to choose what is better for them self .

i always say . if you are happy .i am happy for you .

but i have to say just one thing .

the human eat .sheep ,cow, horse, pig .chicken .....they are vegetarian .this animals doesnt eat meat. but grass .leaves .fruit and vegetable soya ect ect . where come from all the b12 .and proteins. why i have to eat meat,for to gain this protein when i can straight away it veg ,soya ,ect ect ?!?!??! this is just my point of view ....

sorry for my english .i hope you understand what i mean with that .

cheers

Tom Micklewright Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Or stop eating animal flesh?

>

> If you are interested in hearing about meat free

> lifestyle come along to the next Dulwich Veggies

> meeting - all welcom, Wednesday 13 February 2013,

> @7.30pm ?Vegan Business opportunities?, Blue Brick

> cafe, 14 Fellbrigg Road, East Dulwich, SE22, just

> off Lordship lane.

>