Spangles30 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Asset, shame you had to do a google definition to

> point it out.

>

> Rosie, I do not have more money than sense. I use

> just two prducts from Dr Hauschka which are not

> that expensive.

I don't get it: what makes you think Asset did a google search? Asset's an articulate woman - I should think she knows her tautologies from her pleonasms and no mistake

And Dr Hauschka's hardly cheap. it's pricier than a lot of things Dr Boo sell. I'm resistant to the notion that because you buy a couple of things from a health shop you are wise, and because I buy a couple of things from a "pretty" shop, I have more money than sense. Even if I buy the exact same two products?

TillieTrotter Wrote:

> As I said, you feel fantastically relaxed after a

> massage with Anya. Maybe a few peeps need to try

> one!:-S

wise words Tillie. was supposed to get one in the office today, but missed my slot - that's probably why my prose is tending towards the terse and laconic

haven't had a massage there, but I rate her facials highly (she practically rubs out your wrinkles) maybe will see if there's a slot tomorrow

Terse, laconic and sardonic are three words that used to describe your typical Mills and Boon hero when I was a schoolgirl and men were men. (I did a dissertation on popular romance once: my sister kindly pointed out that luckily I'd done the reading already.)

I have no way of bringing this back to the point other than to say a real man wouldn't be seen dead in Dr Boo. Unless he was there to put out a fire. Now there's a thought...

It's probably my age; too old to take metrosexuals seriously.

Does that make me a metrosexist? Maybe a metrophobe (it's true I hate travelling by tube).

Oh MrsB, the thought of a fireman in Dr Boo. It sounds like paradise!

Could he be Ray Winstone dressed as a fire man and holding a bottle of Champagne standing in Dr Boo - perhaps during a private preview of their 50% off sale?

OHMYGOD!!! I shall go and lie down, I feel quite over excited.

"A real man wouldn't be seen dead inside Dr Boo"

And I suppose a real woman wouldn't be seen dead anywhere other than in the kitchen?

Actually I went into Dr Boo recently looking for some moisturiser for my extremely real man (to stop him using my expensive stuff) and they don't stock any male specific toiletries.

Now you mention Ray Winstone, Dulwich Mum, am imagining the tinkle and crash of a hundred overpriced cosmetics and pointless baubles hitting the floor as his muscular arm sweeps clear a space on the centre table ...

Is it hot in here?

I tend to think that a sausage be-fingered lady would have plenty of female friends in comfortable shoes.

Isn't an argument about excessive expense on cosmetics kinda wasted? I spank loads of cash on pointless gadgets that do things that don't need doing, and I abhor people who point that out. I bloody know it, so if you point it out then you think you must be smugly squatting there convinced that you're cleverer than me ;-)

However, until this moment I did think that laconic had something to do with foxy guile but had never looked it up. Now I understand, hurrah! Asset, indeed you are!

*Returns to intriguing discourse on Socrates and Sparta*

*Glimpses self reflected in monitor and is staggered to note the resemblance with Ray Winstone*

Huguenot Wrote:

> I tend to think that a sausage be-fingered lady

> would have plenty of female friends in comfortable

> shoes.

>

> Isn't an argument about excessive expense on

> cosmetics kinda wasted? I spank loads of cash on

> pointless gadgets that do things that don't need

> doing, and I abhor people who point that out. I

> bloody know it, so if you point it out then you

> think you must be smugly squatting there convinced

> that you're cleverer than me ;-)

>

> However, until this moment I did think that

> laconic had something to do with foxy guile but

> had never looked it up. Now I understand, hurrah!

> Asset, indeed you are!

>

> *Returns to intriguing discourse on Socrates and

> Sparta*

>

> *Glimpses self reflected in monitor and is

> staggered to note the resemblance with Ray

> Winstone*

I do occasionally drink at breakfast time, I don't know why, but I just do. It's wilfull I know.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

It's definitely Spartan of me and I think possibly Socratic, though I will stand to be corrected on the latter.