one year on, is parking better in West peckham?

trinidad

Parking is a bit better - I can now park outside my house 95% of the time unless people have parked really badly. That said there?s not much enforcement and fewer people going into the office, I don?t think we?ll know the effect until post lockdown. I didn?t find parking particularly bad before though.

One big benefit is that we had a plague of semi-abandoned vans and camper vans in the area often sitting unused for months at a time, these seem to have disappeared since the restrictions came in.

In the station zone it is not much better. Lots of double yellow lines came in with CPZ and removed perfectly feasible parking. Staff at the new school and the med centre were issued with 'emergency' passes to use the CPZ despite assurances they would use public transport.

I don't use my car much except as a kid taxi so may get rid of it but when I do use it during peak times it's very unlikely I'll be able to park near my house or even on my stretch of road.

The people who have really suffered are the business owners on our street. The local residents, within walking or cycling distance, are not enough to sustain these businesses. Coupled with limited access from only one end of the street and they will be lucky to survive.

The supporters of CPZ and LTN and the blinkered councillors need to own this impact.

East Dulwich Grove between the hospital and Townley road is much clearer since implementation of the CPZ. I am happy with the outcome.

I was concerned that it wasn?t being enforced as a few cars reappeared last month for sale along the road but they were issued with tickets and removed again. Unfortunately the road was a haven for people leaving cars for weeks on end for sale/abandoned etc rather than daily commuters.

Seen wardens out again today as well.

If you live near the businesses can see how you might think this as lots of parking down that end removed to allow short stay for businesses but elsewhere its much better. The covid effect of permits for health centre and teaching staff did have a large impact but given that was during a time of lockdown the effect wasn't too great -but its transformational otherwise on the streets near to the station.

ED_moots Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> In the station zone it is not much better. Lots of

> double yellow lines came in with CPZ and removed

> perfectly feasible parking. Staff at the new

> school and the med centre were issued with

> 'emergency' passes to use the CPZ despite

> assurances they would use public transport.

>

> I don't use my car much except as a kid taxi so

> may get rid of it but when I do use it during peak

> times it's very unlikely I'll be able to park near

> my house or even on my stretch of road.

>

> The people who have really suffered are the

> business owners on our street. The local

> residents, within walking or cycling distance, are

> not enough to sustain these businesses. Coupled

> with limited access from only one end of the

> street and they will be lucky to survive.

>

> The supporters of CPZ and LTN and the blinkered

> councillors need to own this impact.