Beware - Bike stolen from Cyclehoop locker

These lockers clearly offer little deterrent or resistance, especially as this locker on Cyrena Road (between Whateley and Silvester) had the upgraded lock added. I wonder if the perforate ends are a problem? They enable these shysters to scope out bikes worth stealing.

Reported to police.

Sorry to hear that . In terms of anyone else reading this as aware that lots of people don't have other options, its really important to lock the bike up in the locker with as good quality lock as possible - preferably two. It won't be failsafe but hopfully makes it less appealling

Correct but I can?t agree that they are carbuncles.

Despite losing a bike, this city is a better place with single parking bays used for a storage device for 6 bikes, than another polluting vehicle.

Abe_froeman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Was this from one of these green carbuncles that

> the council have been spending thousands of pounds

> on?

First Mate - Back when I had a car, it was stolen on my street - a locked car in broad daylight - I watched it drive away. There are cars broken into on a regular basis around here. Bikes are not spared that either but so far, fingers crossed, mine has not been stolen and has lived happily in a bike locker. I do have insurance for it and it would cover a bike locker theft as long as my bike was secured with a proper lock (or two in my case).

Fair point, but the council does not subsidise car ownership, not directly at least. I am not anti lockers but if these are to be funded by the council in increasingly large numbers we need to be sure that they are secure, otherwise it is a waste of money.