Albrighton Community Fridge - Volunteers Needed! (again!)

A(Hello all

Some of you may be aware of the Albrighton Community Fridge running at the Albrighton Centre on Albrighton Rd, Dog Kennel Hill Estate, have a look here if you'd like to know more - https://www.albrightoncommunityfridge.org/

As things get closer to normal for some people we find ourselves needing volunteers, this can be from as little as 2 hours a week. If you do have a little time on your hands, maybe looking for some volunteering experience before the return to school/uni/work, then please contact me by pm, or the Fridge office on 020 7737 6186 or even email Megan at [email protected] who co-ordinates all these things.

Thanks for reading and please get in touch if you need anything. Admin sadly this isn't Covid specific so I put it in general, thanks.

Albrighton Community Fridge is a fantastic resource for our local area and families and individuals can get much-needed free food without a referral.

More importantly, they are a fantastic team and helping a couple of hours or more a week is very rewarding.

Highly recommend!

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, it's been a while but we're back needing volunteers. As the pandemic has evolved our volunteer base has too, and we now have a number of key volunteers going back to work or other changes of circumstance so this is why I'm asking for your help.

As said in the previous post it doesn't have to be loads of hours, but what we really need now is people who can commit to doing a shift or two on the same days for a few weeks so we can plan ahead. If that's you and you'd like to help do let us know. Even if you can't commit to that but woudl be able to help out at shortish notice then please get in touch anyway..

It's generally quite good fun, the team is nice people, and let's be honest it doesn't do your CV any harm..

Contact details as above in post 1, please do get in touch.

As has been said it?s a fantastic team and helping is very rewarding. I hadn?t realised, and probably don?t know all that goes on ?behind the scenes? so to speak as I only see what happens when I?m there.

If you can spare some time do get in touch via the details in the OP and see if there?s something you could do.

Don?t want to be on the shop floor you can help setup and leave before the shop floor opens.

Not available during the day but could do a collection in the evening / morning. The food given out needs to be collected before it can be given out.

Not able to commit time at the moment? Could you pick up something extra when you go shopping and donate it? Yesterday tins of chopped tomatoes were asked for and cereal is often asked for.