Anti-social behaviour on the 343

LuceB

Has anyone had any problems with anti-social behaviour on the 343 recently? I have reported two incidences involving the same man to the police, who have been very helpful (unlike TFL) and are investigating the issue. The first incident was most distressing and involved repeated sexual and racist comments, the second was not serious but still scary after the first one.

I am fine, but as a lone female passenger I was very scared and felt it needed to be addressed. I believe no-one, no matter what race or gender, should have to suffer abuse. And it is possible the man may need help.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has had problems with anti-social behaviour on this bus, because perhaps some of you know of him?

Hi Meadow

It does but because TFL ignored my complaint for 4 days it will now have been deleted. The police have submitted a request for the second incident to help identify him but the request will, rightly, sit below other more serious crimes so may not be agreed to by TFL. If anyone else has problems, please do report it to the police. The man I encountered always seems to have a can of Tenants Super and is very tall - his head nearly touches the ceiling of the bus.

I thought Racist crimes jumped to the top of the list and HAD to be investigated.

or was that in Mr Blairs day

LuceB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Meadow

>

> It does but because TFL ignored my complaint for 4

> days it will now have been deleted. The police

> have submitted a request for the second incident

> to help identify him but the request will,

> rightly, sit below other more serious crimes so

> may not be agreed to by TFL. If anyone else has

> problems, please do report it to the police. The

> man I encountered always seems to have a can of

> Tenants Super and is very tall - his head nearly

> touches the ceiling of the bus.

No the bus driver didn't do anything - TFL tell me they are told not to leave the cab except in an emergency, which whilst that makes me feel pretty unsafe, I do understand. I have witnessed a bus driver being beaten up on his bus and that was awful too. The police have been excellent, and whilst it is unlikely anything will come of the investigations I felt it was important to report it, and this is partly why I have posted on here so that others will do the same, if they come across this man.

Also I would encourage you if you are a passenger on a bus and witness something like this, please ask the driver to call the police or call 101 yourself - no-one else on the bus assisted and as I was on crutches I couldn't get to the driver.

Bic - I'm not sure but it could be. Was he very tall and quite aggressive? Drinking?

He got on my bus again last night, outside Tesco, this time he was drinking, smoking and shouting. He seems to get on the bus to cause a stir, rather than actually go anywhere.