Disgusting state of corner of Hindmans and Upland Road

Untatty does not equal gentrified. It means just that - neutral/pleasant to look at and certainly not "poshed up for moneyed blow ins". Why tolerate something that is ugly and can be easily improved to everyone's benefit?

It?s the same every weekend, probably because it?s en route from the Saturday market on north x road. I would report it to your councillor as it should be emptied after the market. James McAsh sorted out the bins on north x itself after I approached him, as they weren?t being emptied after the market and there was food waste everywhere for the rest of the weekend.

I agree if you can't get your rubbish in the bin, take it home! But this is not helped by the increasing number of dog bins (and other bins) that have been removed over the last year or so. The council have a tendency to REMOVE bins which end up overflowing, rather than empty them!

It also doesn?t help when they licence a street food market which is guaranteed to generate rubbish, and then not have enough waste facilities to deal with it. People are not going to take empty food cartons bought at a street market home with them. So all the surrounding bins get full.

Hi everyone - I 've been in touch with Southwark Council's street cleaning team and they should sort it out - poor them. I'll also look at who the councillor is for that area. I would never leave rubbish lying on the street like that and always take rubbish home with me if I can't find a bin. It's basic stuff. It really beats me.