Help with a driving route

Hello

Please could someone help me - I?m on my 3rd fine from Southwark, keep trying different routes but always seem to end up going on a bus only road or bus gate. My sons do karate at charter school red post hill and I?m driving from Sydenham at 4pmish so can?t use townley (got a fine for that) If I was alone I?d take public transport, however Ive got my 5 and 7 yr old with me and we are not allowed to sit inside the school to wait any longer due to COVID restrictions (they both have a 50 minute wait for the other?s lesson, so we use the car to sit in) I?d love a route suggestion my satnav and Waze have taken me down bus only roads!

Many thanks

sometimes there is quite a jam at the Village junction/crossroads on East Dulwich Grove, so you could also possibly carry on from Lordship lane, past ED station, past Sainsburys, up Dog Kennel Hill and then turn left at the lights after Denmark hill station Go up Denmark Hill then down Red Post. It's a bit of a longer way, but might move better.

newresidentindulwich Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi,

>

> I'd go Kirkdale, Sydneham Hill, Lordship Lane,

> East Dulwich Grove and then right up Red Post

> Hill.

>

> Good luck!

Exactly this, most direct route. Should take about 25 mins

Erm - what about the 176 bus, quick walk/scoot along Greendale to Charter (or even the 37 bus) and there are some lovely cafes to sit in nearby and wait rather than have your kids sit in a car?

You may have seen a couple of other threads about reducing traffic in East Dulwich :-) :-)

rupert james Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> And if it's pissing down with rain do not not

> forget to take an umbrella while you are waiting

> for the bus and walking etc.

It is true that one cannot take buses if it?s raining. And imagine using an umbrella! Madness