Is there a minor injuries unit anywhere

catma

I fell over and gashed my knee quite badly yesterday...still sore and I would like to get the wound checked, but it's not really big enough to warrant time at A+E. Apart from the Lister walk in clinic, do we have a minor injuries walk in centre or similar nearby...the NHS choices website is useless. Thanks!

Thanks all for the information - I went to the Lister walk in after all, very quickly seen and a nurse has now dressed and cleaned the offending knee...my worry was infection as it was starting to feel very hot and sore, usually not such a wuss but wanted to get advice to avoid further drama!

It was the Waldron at new cross which used to be a minor injuries unit but that is now apparently a walk in clinic like Lister.

Friends have used the Beckenham one and rate it, but driving is a bit tricky with a really useless knee joint!

Thanks again!

Very sensible catma - a friend of mine had what appeared to be a minor cut before Christmas, didn't get it seen to and within a couple of days was admitted to hospital with a bad infection and an arm full of pus. He's just come out after a month long stay and a skin graft.