Dulwich village restrictions

It is all a bit bonkers and you would think Southwark would let you drive through one of their recently restricted areas on a Bank Holiday Monday like most parking restrictions, but no, boom, they've got another unsuspecting person having to pay ?65. All on top of their recently bought in Covid restricted areas as well with people struggling to make ends meet.

Hi Everyone 🙌🏾,

Would anyone who is severely affected by the local LTNs like to try out an Electric Cargobike? I was really interested to see if these new modes of transport would really help being a regular car user myself.

Since September 2020 I've been testing out a Tern GSD to try out different scenarios many which cross all the local LTNs. Previous to the LTNs I was only using a car for most local trips. Here are some examples of trips I've not used a car:

-Taking wife and daughter to Oxford Street (parking outside the shops) and back with Shopping

-Carrying a Christmas Tree through the village from the Alleyn Garden Centre to East Dulwich (video:

)

-Regular trips to sport activities with child

-Going to the Southwark Recycling Centre

-Carrying 100kg of Books to the Charity Shop

-Dropping some IKEA Shelves to a local resident

-Carrying 50kg of shopping from Sainsburys

-Carrying my 80 year old father-in-law who is registered disabled to the coffee shop.

-Carrying another bike to the bike shop

I think right now I am able to use this for about 90% of my local trips, I honestly never thought this would be possible. Not only that, but all the trips I've tried it for are faster (the bike is still assisted upto 16mph), cheaper and more pleasant that the car trips i was making before the LTNS even existed. I calculated I am saving about ?1,500 in fuel alone per year.

If anyone who is affected wants to have a go on mine they are more than welcome, just let me know. I also have various attachments based on what needs you might have e.g. transporting shopping, children, tools, another adult...

Haha, sorry that was my poor writing - have tried to make it clearer. Those trips including one to Oxford Street are ones using the E-Cargo Bike, not driven there for a long time! It was just much easier as you can "park" right outside the shops you want to go to, probably a bit like it was in London in the 1950s before there were 33 Million Cars in UK!

We tend to use 2 X Gold Standard Locks + a couple of others when we lock it up. This one actually stands vertically so you can keep it inside pretty easily or on trains.