Watch out parcel thief!

Well I would report to the police but don?t hold your breath. Police had the footage from our doorbell and potential ID and did nothing. They?re completely understaffed.

If it?s the person I think it is, he has a string of convictions (something crazy like 30 or 40 including one for armed robbery so do not approach.)

We?ve teamed up with neighbours and take all parcels in as soon as we see them now.

I think if left on your doorstep most companies will replace as packages are supposed to be given to someone or left in an agreed secure place. My little group of neighbours in flats keep an eye out and take in parcels and the text the neighbours.

By the way, do not approach this guy, just report...a Stanley knife can do a lot of damage and it?s not worth the risk.

I recognised the suspected parcel thief today. I followed him on my bike around Friern, Upland and Hillcourt Roads.

He had a blond female passenger, both in there 50?s.They were driving suspiciously, reversing the car, a Blue-green Volvo,looking at houses they had just driven past.

• 2 months later...

My parcel was taken from Worlingham road on Monday. Photo from Amazon to prove it was delivered just after 13.00 (left very obviously on doorstep in full view of street).

All I got was an opened box from Amazon that wasn?t addressed to me, with only 1 item left inside. We delivered the box to the correct address (Melbourne grove) to find they had an open Amazon box from another address?.

Looks like the thief is collecting Amazon parcels, and then leaving behind the boxes with whatever they don?t want when they steal another parcel.

> has no told the police about this.

That may give them good cause, if they happen to come across him en route, to stop him and have a look in his rucksack. But the chance of that happening is always going to be pretty small. The best way to nab him is probably for any of us to follow, on foot or wheels, and observe.

I think what he does is make sure it looks like he?s delivering a parcel, which is the previous box he?s stolen.

Probably starts off the day with an empty box, then just moves each stolen box to the next victim, once he?s taken the contents if he wants them.

Would be interesting to see how far the trail goes, good evidence for when he?s nabbed.

Alx Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My parcel was taken from Worlingham road on

> Monday. Photo from Amazon to prove it was

> delivered just after 13.00 (left very obviously on

> doorstep in full view of street).

> All I got was an opened box from Amazon that

> wasn?t addressed to me, with only 1 item left

> inside. We delivered the box to the correct

> address (Melbourne grove) to find they had an open

> Amazon box from another address?.

> Looks like the thief is collecting Amazon parcels,

> and then leaving behind the boxes with whatever

> they don?t want when they steal another parcel.

I can't find the clip, but someone in the states made a fake delivery device that covered the thief with glitter, played a loud alarm and video recorded them when they open the package.

Funny thing is the thief normally abandoned the package when it went off ..

Now if we had some clever people on here ...