Party on Pellat Road?

ennevive

Corner of Whateley Road and Landcroft Road??

With music that loud they should have put a 'polite notice' through the door of anyone living within a 1/2 mile radius. I live on Lordship Lane near Heber Road and could hear the music word for word in my bedroom. I suppose I should be grateful I don't live closer! PlanetSally - I admire your patience!

ennevive Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Corner of Whateley Road and Landcroft Road??

>

> With music that loud they should have put a

> 'polite notice' through the door of anyone living

> within a 1/2 mile radius. I live on Lordship Lane

> near Heber Road and could hear the music word for

> word in my bedroom. I suppose I should be grateful

> I don't live closer! PlanetSally - I admire your

> patience!

I'm not especially patient but it's not like they do it all the time and I think letting us know in advance is fair enough. I'd taken a good book up to bed expecting to be up all night with the noise so was pleasantly surprised when it stopped earlyish. I ended up reading until 3.45am!!!

ennevive Wrote:

> Corner of Whateley Road and Landcroft Road??

>

> With music that loud they should have put a

> 'polite notice' through the door of anyone living

> within a 1/2 mile radius. I live on Lordship Lane

> near Heber Road and could hear the music word for

> word in my bedroom. I suppose I should be grateful

> I don't live closer! PlanetSally - I admire your

> patience!

Gosh, really? I think you may need to look at your insulation and windows if you have that much noise pollution

Sending a letter saying you will be making a lot of noise at an upcoming party is no excuse. It is like saying 'I'm about to fart lengthily, noisily and in your direction' before letting rip. You might think you are being polite when in fact you are being disingenuous and selfish.

Somebody is upset they didn't get an invite!

Nigello Wrote:

> Sending a letter saying you will be making a lot

> of noise at an upcoming party is no excuse. It is

> like saying 'I'm about to fart lengthily, noisily

> and in your direction' before letting rip. You

> might think you are being polite when in fact you

> are being disingenuous and selfish.

dnow who finds pleasure in being angry ,moany.as for the children they should sleep through the noise no problem.my neighbour plays music every sunday until 11pm, i love it -its a nice bit of background music while i cook sunday dinner and see to my tribe of children and daughter in law and son-in-law.wish i could be a bit more relaxed and chill and have party or little gathering,but i'm too busy worrying if the house is clean.live a little and love a lot.xx

Oh please. If everyone had a "one-off" party it would be constant noise. I love a good party but when I have one, I rent a place out or go somewhere with friends. That's polite, not a note. We have pre-parties at the house before nights out but not a full blown DJ- spinning, music blasting til the wee hours affairs. New Years Eve is a general exception though :)

Okay.. Due to the amount of comments about a birthday party that took place on saturday I would just like to say to all of you that are complaining to get a grip a note was sent through doors I atteneded the party and had an awesome time THREE parties within the area took place that night hardly think its fair that one party is getting the backlash. I'm sure most of you complaining are 35+ back in your hay day I'm sure you attended a lot of parties that made a lot of noise its not like parties take place every weekend and you only turn 21 once its rediculous some of you need to try and remember what its like to be young no matter how long ago it was.. Here's a polite notice in june another 21st birthday is going to take place so if there's a problem go away for the weekend or get sound proof walls

partygirl24 Wrote:

> Here's a polite notice in june another 21st birthday is

> going to take place so if there's a problem go

> away for the weekend or get sound proof walls

> Thanks :)

xxxxxx

That's certainly very polite.

(That was sarcastic, but perhaps not being 35+ you wouldn't understand :)) )

Maybe party girl would like to familiarise herself with the 'noise act' before dictating what is reasonable to anyone.... ;)

'Under the Noise Act 1996, local councils must take reasonable steps to investigate complaints of noise between 11pm and 7am. Council officers can enter premises where there is noise beyond the prescribed levels and remove any equipment responsible for the noise. Some councils have out-of-hours noise patrols who can investigate alleged night-time noise nuisances in person.

The Noise Act has been amended by the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 (CNEA). Under the CNEA, local authorities can investigate complaints from residents about excessive night noise coming from licensed or residential permits.

The Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2003 also grants powers to local authorities in England and Wales to investigate night noises whether or not they have adopted the provisions of the Noise Act 1996.'

I think it's safe to say that if you want to hold the occasional party that clearly breaches environmental law then it's best to not antagonise those you need to be reasonable and flexible.