Single parents in ED

cherry

This place is rubbish for pulling.

We singles would be better off with a horse and saddle and a lassoo;-)

Yippee. I shall ride round to somerfield and find me a woman to lassoo and hog tie, and haul her up on to my saddle..........sounds exhausting.

Dang me, there must be an easier way.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi cherry - I doubt that you're still visiting the ED Forum after the reponse that you received (a little intimidating may I say) but I hope you are as I joined the forum for the same reason as you. I have an 8 month old daughter and frequent just about every baby playgroup in the area and have many friends in the area - all of whom are 2 parent families. It is human nature though to want to know people in the same situation as yourself and I refuse to believe that we are the only single parents in ED! I agree that the ED forum is prob not best place to meet other single parents but I tried calling Gingerbread and their represntative in Dulwich has never returned my calls so that's a dead end. If you're still checking the forum, get in touch.

Hello - just registered on this forum. I'm a single parent too - my daughter is 21 months old....have lots and lots of friends in the area, plus family but would be nice to be in touch with other single parents locally as I think there are certain things only another single parent can understand (the sheer exhaustion mostly!)

Want to start dating again too....Guardian Soulmates isn't coming up with the goods...any decent men out there?

hi emc, i'm not quite at that stage yet but my best mate is and has been using match.com and has been on some hilarious dates. she hasn't found love but has found lots of laughs. anyway, it's good to know i'm not the only single parent in the area. was beginning to think i was living on a movie set!