Single parents in ED

cherry

I think I know what Maximay's problem is. There's groups for gay and single parents, black/asian mothers, disabled parents and parents of parents. However the group for single parents not getting a shag has suddenly seen a 50% drop in membership. Nice one CWALD ;-)

A quick look back throuh Maximay's post does show that he/she never misses an opportunity to have a go at CWALD and does seem to have inconsistent gender (couple sharing a username?) which is odd. But on the other hand Keef's right, to go from that to thinking you know who he/she is, does seem like a bit of a leap and ganging up isn't very nice.

Also, it's completely hijacked poor Cherry's thread - presumably she's still out there waiting to hear from other single parents. I'm not one, sorry, but good luck!

well - if I was a single parent in ED I would consider the following

The baby group days in the Plough and EDT have, the 2 times I've encountered them, appeared really really friendly and approachable

The Park appears to be full of people with kids who end up interracting - esp near the cafe

Arrange a sitter and come along to next forum drinks and meet several other people with kids who would be only to happy to buy you a drink and give some advice (ya won't get the chaotic off-topic chip-ins you see on the threads)

are all those really predictable?

Well, sorry to say you are wrong on that score Chav, but whatever floats your boat....I do have to admit though I have since taken a very honest look through my posts and I have kind of waged a very unfair one man war against a lot of what you have said, posted and stood for, I think a lot of it is to do with your involvement in the drugs industry, (which my son was fatally involved with) and things relating to that way of life, and even though you did say you were sorry and regretted your involvement in it all, it didn't feel sincere somehow and I felt that you were basically sticking your fingers up at society in general by minimalising it all and whilst I do not blame you personally for anything or everything that goes on to do with drugs, I kind of homed in on it, I have a lot of the anger and nowhere to vent it. I do not know you personally, though many people on here have said, through knowing you personally, that you are in fact a nice person, if I am being honest, the annonymity of this internet forum has allowed me to an extent, (not necessarily correctly), take out my anger and frustrations on possibly underserving people, and whilst I am not condoning my behaviour, picture that painting by Munch, "the scream" and thats exactly how I feel sometimes, maybe its best if when I am feeling like that and I am feeling that low, its not a good idea to come onto the forum.

Am single!!!(ish) hehe! ;-)though do have a few FBs that I can call on in times of dire need. >:D<

(In relation to Maximay - fair dinkum mate, respect your honesty and ability to put your hands up and publicly take responsibility for being mean to Chav! - (Chav bashing! hopefully that will be the last of it now)

Maximay said ".I do have to admit though I have since taken a very honest look through my posts and I have kind of waged a very unfair one man war against a lot of what you have said, posted and stood for" -

appology accepted but you still didn't answer you how you were female in your first post and male in your last two.

I think life as a single parent can get hard becuase sometimes you need someone to take over from running everything for a bit so you can just chill and recharge.

I find it wierd that I've been a mum for 22 years and am only now working out how to do it with the help of feedback from my older kids.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of single parents in East Dulwich and I did find it a strange sight seeing so many couples with granny in tow pushing their precious little sprogs on the swings in Dulwich Park on Saturdays.

I think you may need to frequent Peckham Pulse ball room to find local-ish single parents.