Football Training for Post COVID

clicka

Hi All - my son is chomping at the bit to get involved with a football club. he currently plays rugby and cricket but has now declared he has a love for "the game". He is in year 3. Can anybody recommend any local clubs? ideally looking for a club where they train and play the occasional friendly game against other clubs.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey there, that's a great age to get involved in football.

I can recommend Athenlay - I help coach one of the older teams there. Based near to Harris Girls behind Peckham Rye, it's a relaxed and friendly club that has walk-in availability for players his age - you would need to register with the club but not commit.

They start with teams/matches at Y4 - Under 9s - at that point, the teams start playing every Sunday during the season which is normally September to April.

There are other local clubs such as Dulwich Village and Hillyfielders (Honor Oak) but I am not sre that any will offer *occasional* matches once the teams are up and running.

Grass roots football is allowed again from Mon 29th March - the following weekend is Easter so it will be the next weekend (Sat 10/4) when it reopens.