Stolen bike

To the people or anyone who knows them who broke into my garage and stole three bikes have a bit of common decency if that?s not too much to ask and return them. I cannot afford to replace these bikes so would like them back

If these thieving scum ever got caught they would probably only get a slap on the wrist. You've lost a few hundred pounds worth of bikes that they probably sold for 50 pounds for all of them so who gets punished you or them.

Government and courts need to come down harder on thieves and burglars we work hard and miss family time to earn and buy what we have.

In deed, bring back hanging, or maybe hang drawn and quartering. And that includes the people who buy them on Gumtree.

PS had too many bikes stolen, hate it, really personal. But don't feel the need to go knee jerk. Good luck, perhaps give a description, you never know they may be spotted. And check Gumtree, the thieves' first port of call.

Nigello Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How about registering cycles, and buying basic

> insurance included in the fee? ?10 a bike,

> discount for more than one, for a year, all done

> via an app or online? (I have no bike or car, so

> don't feel that invested.)

How about not stealing other people?s property

Yes, that too. I offered it in teh spirit of solution finding. It need not detract from your experience, unless you want it to. It is bad that someone has stolen your bikes but to think that my offer of a suggestion on a public forum should somehow reduce your experience is not a logical conclusion.

Not really sure what this thread is about. If you want sympathy you've got it. If you want to let off some steam you have done. If you want advice we've given it. It would be helpful to you if you said some more about the theft so

(a) we could watch out for these bikes

(b) be more prepared so we don't get ours nicked (I've had four stolen, over a fairly long time, all under different circumstances)

TTaylor Wrote:

----------------------------------------------

---------

> Really was hoping someone had information

> regarding the bikes.zYhe mikes are a red bmx, a

> silver fold up bike (not a Brompton) and a red

> ladies bike with a flat tyre.

-

Do you have More details on them - Make and Model of the bikes , more details

bike theft has always been an issue.

it's sensible to expect it. I'd add it to your household insurance. If you have a lockable garage, the premiums shouldn't go up massively.

Motorbikes for example are chopped up so quickly and sold as parts that the police don't even look for them.