2 linked sex assaults in Peckham Rye-Police appeal

I hope the girls are not too traumatised.

If you know of anyone who might go to the park and be approached by this man a couple of things I was one told at a self defence class years ago which have stuck with me might be worth them thinking about - if they can.

Shout out ?Help officer? - the article says police patrols have been increased so there could well be one around. If nothing else the distraction could give them time to get away / to somewhere with more people.

Ask someone for help but identify them - lady in the blue coat. People find it harder to ignore if you are clearly speaking to them and they are unlikely to know the name of the person they can see in the park.

Hopefully no-one will need to use these tips before he is caught but with schools reopening there are likely to be more girls going through the park. Maybe these tips will mean a compromise between girls and their parents. It would be a shame if girl had to avoid the park just as the restrictions are eased and they might be going more frequently.

More tips

If assailant realy close.. Knee jab or squeeze gonads with all your strength, jab eyes using forked index and middle fingers, dame technique up nostrils are off the record tips given us after the Official Breakaway training we had when I was working. Somee of them are same as given me by my Mum. One of the trainers even carried hmmm dunno how to describe it - made of metal, a bit shorter then a pen but with rounded ends- using it givea hard jab in that hollow above where collar bones meet is very effective.

If just feeling very threatened then use one of those horrendous alarms which should fringhten bloke off.

Reoert immead to Police a