Goose Green roundabout damage 1st March

No doubt this has been discussed already but I can find no sign of it on ED Forum -

"Posted at 7:16 1 Mar7:16 BBC News Travel

A2214 London - A2214 East Dulwich Road in East Dulwich blocked and it's slow westbound at Goose Green roundabout, because of an accident. Diversion in operation - 6 bus routes affected"

What caused this severe damage to the roundabout?

ED - NAGAIUTB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "Can't post on main thread .it was a people carrier that caused the damage to roundabout wall .one person hurt laying in road a couple of passengers ringing police and ambulance no other vehicle involved happened about 4.45 am."

> https://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?

> 20,2190756

Yikes. Fatigue, booze, excessive speed, wet road, dark, a combination of all of them...? Good thing there were no pedestrians or cyclists around.

Cyclemonkey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There seems to be an epidemic of poor driving at

> the moment. Near us there are a good number of

> garden walls that have been smashed in to -

> including ours late last year.

Very true. Was wondering for a time whether it was just me noticing this. Turns out lots of people I know and know of are witnessing poor standards and a lack of etiquette on the road. Bicycles seem to be ridden well, but cars and pedestrians are increasingly careless. As a pedestrian, occasional cyclist and frequent driver I see this and hopefully without bias.

Anyway the roundabout is very nicely damaged again and plenty of cash (and time too) will be needed to fix it again!