New saplings on Dawson's Hill

About twenty odd saplings in plastic, protective tubes have been planted on the lower slopes of Dawson's Hill. They don't have any tags on them so I can't ID them. They're welcome but I wondered whether it was a council initiative or one from a private body? Good to have more trees, even better when the planters continue to monitor them over the years so they don't die. Thanks to whichever people organised this.

About twenty odd saplings in plastic, protective tubes have been planted on the lower slopes of Dawson's Hill.

Interesting to know the purpose of the planting - maybe to stabilize that slope - or maybe the trees are decorative - more flowering cherry trees would be good - we've had a great show in ED recently. Or maybe productive and they're real fruit trees, not ornamental?

I hope that these and any other planting/removals has Southwark councils permission and is in alignment with their BAP. The council a couple of years ago removed many cherry trees which had grown either as natural propagation or from unathorised planting. This is an area of scientific interest and has several lesser found species in Southwark which they are trying to preserve. An orchid and a meadow primrose if I remember correctly. So even seemingly innocent scattering of seeds can disrupt delicate ecosystems. Please be mindful, it is for the pleasure and wellbeing of everyone, only leave your footprints and take only your experience and memories. Thank you.