Peckham Rye...should I move there?!

j5nn

You mean this forum :)? I live in ED but I think Peckham Rye and ED are close enough together to think of the amenities of each being available to all residents hence why I commented. It's silly acting like people in ED don't go to Beggin' Bowl or that Peckham Rye residents don't come to Lordship Lane. I occasionally go to the Horniman Museum too in Forest Hill when I really feel like an adventure away!

Spot on Lndonmix... who gives a damn whether you live in SE22 or SE15, it's totally daft to try and compare one against the other, both areas are brilliant and offer a different vibe, but you can, of course, enjoy both...

it's not like you need a passport or anything to go from one to the other!!!!

LondonMix Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

I live in ED but I think

> Peckham Rye and ED are close enough together to

> think of the amenities of each being available to

> all residents hence why I commented. It's silly

> acting like people in ED don't go to Beggin' Bowl

> or that Peckham Rye residents don't come to

> Lordship Lane.

Both Peckham and ED have their good points and their bad.......I don't think there's any merit is one claiming to be better than the other.

So that leaves things like vibe and community etc. In my experience of living on Peckham Rye for more than two decades, I've seen Peckham come out of bad times to become a friendly and happy place to live. ED has changed over that time too - what some would call gentrification. It has a different vibe and at the end of the day it's horses for courses. Most people feel most comfortable where they fit in.

I don't cross a border post when I cross from SE15 to SE15. Lordship Lane is less than three quarters of a mile from my house, as is Peckham Rye station and Rye Lane. There's something to be said for both. That said I also regularly inhabit Brockley, Forest Hill, Brixton and Lewisham. There's no point being geographically conservative - embrace all that south London has to offer.

i made no comment on relativity to past numbers or indeed relativity to other areas. there are a spate of burgalries ongoing in se22 - that is a fact. whether this a larger or smaller spate is irrelevant in the context of my statement which was anyway only a riposte to the previous assertion that se15 would deter insurers. lighten up!