Locale - new Restaurant and Cocktail Bar

Differing reviews for their current establishements:

SquareMeal

Despite the splendid location in County Hall, London?s former seat of government, there?s something a bit uninspiring about this eatery. The food is straightforward Italian-by-numbers ? pizzas, pastas, prosciutto & melon, tomato & mozzarella, steak with herby roast potatoes ? but the chef & his staff seem to lack the traditional Italian passion, & it shows in the perfectly palatable but unexciting food. Still, the prices are reasonable, especially given the location, the terrace is a pleasant spot for lunch, & it?s good for kids too.

London Eating

Overall rating 7.7/10

Reviews

TopTable

Overall rating 7/10

Reviews

snorky Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dull food.

>

> The only reason it will make any moeny is the safe

> kids menu meaning parents will pop in

>

> doesnt get me going TBH.

Give them a chance, it hasn't even opened yet!

Sounds nice to me.

Sweet jehova........wikipedia is now the limits of our research ! Believe it or not chickens and pigs have been in existence in Italy for a long time x C

Carbonara is absolutely italian, what ain't is microwave heated pasta, floating in half a tin of cream. But then that's the thing, it about the passion you put into making something that makes it good food, even with blue chip ingredients you can still **uk it up.

Guys the place isn't even open yet and you are all having a pop at it!!! I say good luck and me and Mr Paps will be giving it a go and giving them a chance.

I love the forum .......but i hate it when people get stuck in and give such negative responses....some of you need to lighten up a little!!

• 2 weeks later...