Stone planter broken by council tree surgeons - advice needed

TTW

Tree surgeons employed by the council to pollard trees on our street (Chadwick Rd) have smashed a couple of our bins and broken a stone planter.

The contractors made a pitiful attempt at fixing the planter themselves (see attached photos) which is obviously not acceptable.

Does anyone have any recommendations for local craftspeople who could either replace or repair it? Am I looking for a stonemason?

You could 'glue' it together using resin for concrete / masonry. You'll need a skeleton gun (?2 ish)and I'd get a couple of extra nozzles as it really goes off quickly when warm. In this cold weather it will take ages to set, so take your planter indoors for a day to let it warm up. It's a genuine 10 minute job when you get yourself set up and prepared for it.

https://www.toolstation.com/fischer-fis-p-plus-injection-polyester-resin/p20881

Had a similar incident last summer when they dropped a big branch on a coping stone. After complaining to the council the contractor came round and used Evostick contact adhesive.

It fell apart again within one hour.

In the end I fixed it myself.

spider69 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you can prove it was the Council get them to

> repair it

Many people have "ring door bells" which would show you who was responsible. It might strengthen your claim to get a proper tradesman/person in to fix.

Or it might show if someone else was responsible for the damage.