Londis - East Dulwich Road

Gooseg1358

Hi everyone,

I'm posting because I'm frustrated at having to avoid the Londis on east dulwich road because of the sexist, misogynist comments from the staff. I feel uncomfortable going in and my female friends echo my concerns. One member of staff often makes repeated comments as I move round the shop and I'm tired of either avoiding the shop altogether or having to steel myself against the comments before going in. I dont know what the solution is but I also dont know what else to do about this!

Suggestions welcome!

I'm so glad someone has finally raised this! I now actively avoid that shop due to the consistent unwanted sexual advances of the staff members. While there is one person in particular who is more aggressive, others have also made me feel uncomfortable.

I'm not sure what the solution is either however I do think the owners need to be made aware that they're losing customers due to their staff.

Hi there,

I registered with the forum today as this is my first time commenting. I hadnt realised before now that i had to register to make a comment but i have been a member of the east dulwich community for some time.

I am speaking as a young woman in the community and hoping to highlight my experiences in the shop and to find a way to make it a space that im comfortable in.

I'm glad to hear that other people have had a good experience with their families, but I've had a persistently bad experience as a young woman on my own on the shop and it's making me uncomfortable. I posted on the forum in the hope that something might change.