council HD survey? scam?

Yesterday evening around 6:45 a young man in a suit with a SkyTV lanyard round his neck knocked on my door and said he was doing a survey for the council to check and make sure that everyone was hooked up with digital access etc etc, he mentioned he'd been by a couple times earlier in the day but no one was home which i thought was a bit fishy but mostly stuck to the questions on his sheet and then tried sort of half heartedly to sell me Sky Broadband. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar visits as i am now feeling paranoid and certain that my house has been cased by a mastermind criminal who used the council as his cover (that lanyard does lend an air of respectability after all, Sky wouldn't hire anyone shady!) Help reassure me so i'm not spazzing out all day while I imagine my poor house in a burgled state all day from work.

hope that's not meant seriously, i'm not trying to fear monger or anything here, just concerned and probably letting my imagination get ahead of me. there was a twarted theft burglary attemp on my road (near the Ivy House in Nunhead) just the other week and i'm a bit paranoid at the moment as a result

besides, all those bad kids will be down by the posh houses near goose green what would they want with nunhead?

I'd a Sky guy round our house in Nunhead yesterday afternoon too - young guy in a suit. He didn't say anything about a council survey but then I didn't really give him much time to say anything - I saw the Sky badge and straight away said I wasn't interested.

So I suspect your guy was just a standard salesman too - albeit using some dodgy lines!

Sean, all was well when I returned home, paranoia was unfounded (although am still convinced rupert murdoch is out to get me). actually owning the home makes me for more nervous than renting ever did.

nunheadmum, that was what i meant to do but somehow i let myself get suckered into talking to him