Which local (SE22/21/15) GP surgeries are offering the vaccine?

Nigello

When I enquired last week due to my age and medical issues this was the auto message that came back.

You do not need to contact the surgery regarding the vaccination. You will be notified when it is available for you.

kind regards

Administration

DMC

163-169 Crystal Palace Road

London SE22 9EP

T: 0208 693 2727

www.dmccrystalpalaceroad.co.uk

Has anyone received and managed to get an appointment yet?

I received a text to call, got through and was no 32 to be answered. When through was told no appointments available all gone.

You will have to wait to see when other appointments allocated, could give no indication when this would be.

This despite being in the at risk class and emailed about appointments a week ago.

Surely if you are contacting people these appointments should be already allocated and are only to be confirmed not to be told all gone.

Does seem like potluck and needs the surgery to have some kind of workable system.

I have just spoken to a couple of people who received a call from DMC to ask if they would like to go to TJ for the jab.

They said it came as a complete surprise, since having no underlying problems. They are however over 70

It does appear those that flagged up their need are being forgotten for some reason.

Over 70?s started this week, over 80?s and very high risk are still being vaccinated. You will be called when it?s your turn. They are incredibly busy and many NHS professionals are giving up their free time to help, even if it is just administrating the queue or phoning people. I would advise to not contact and call vaccine centres and GPs on this matter as it makes extra work and interrupts the organisation of this huge complex process.

They are calling you when its your turn. However read the thread below. Most people understand and will do everything to help but not when this happens.

"I received a text to call, got through and was no 32 to be answered. When through was told no appointments available all gone.

You will have to wait to see when other appointments allocated, could give no indication when this would be.

This despite being in the at risk class and emailed about appointments a week ago.

Surely if you are contacting people these appointments should be already allocated and are only to be confirmed not to be told all gone.

Does seem like potluck and needs the surgery to have some kind of workable system".

WHatver the system is, none of us here really knows. I wsa told I would be called soon, even though I thought I was in a less-at-risk category and be called in a few weeks. Is there somethign I should know?! Eek! Anyway, only in areas that the majority of 80+ have been done are the over 70s being contacted.

Absolutely agree it?s frustrating... but when you call you will only be speaking to a receptionist who has no control over the vaccine being delivered or the priority list.

They will eventually get around to everyone. When they receive the AstraZeneca vaccine then it will be easier for units to organise. The Pfizer is a complete drag as it has to be defrosted and made up... and then only lasts a short while. My advice is give it a few weeks, then call if you think you have been missed. Meanwhile stay safe.

From a discussion with a healthy 72 year old -

text from gp surgery asking to phone re vaccination ,phoned surgery .

Slots all gone for this week but told to ring again on Friday .

Suggestion was that this round of vaccinations being delivered from Damilola Centre and co ordination with GP surgeries making it difficult to precisely match invitations to appointments .

Received this today rang 20 seconds later, waited 45 minutes to be told no appointments.

Told try Friday or next week.

Again if they have appointments given, allocate to people and ring if they can make the time if not allocate to another on their required vaccination list. I cannot understand why this does not happen instead of winding people up.

"Dear Patient,

Please call the surgery to book your appointment.

Kind regards,

Administration"

DMC

163-169 Crystal Palace Road

London SE22 9EP

T: 0208 693 2727

www.dmccrystalpalaceroad.co.uk

Rupert - go down to Tessa Jowell centre and give the vaccine team people your name and phone number and date of birth and ask whether you can be rung at short notice, if, for example, people do not show up. I understand that some places are using vaccine leftover (due to no-shows, etc.) to inoculate people rather than waste it. I am sure they don't want wastage.

I did ask TJ centre if I could put my name on the list when the new appointments batch comes out and was was told I had to go through my surgery for them to allocate appointments.

Again maybe wrong info. Will just have to wait as this gets me very angry for what is a very simple process.

I haven't heard anything at all from my surgery (Elm Lodge) but I got a text from Guys/St Thomas's with a choice of hospital, date and time, and within ten minutes I had two appointments booked and confirmed.

I don't understand what's going on.

I am beer 70 but clinically extremely vulnerable and got a text rom Guy?s and St Thomas?s offering me a jab. It included a link to book online. It took u dear 5 minutes and I have a date for both jabs, the first next week.. My GP surgery is Forest Hill Road..

As an answer to the question posed by the OP - I believe most local GP surgeries are 'offering' the vaccine, but not administering it - this seems to be done locally via the Tessa Jowell centre - which is where DMC is based, but is not, in and of itself, DMC. People registered at local GPs are also getting vaccines at Guys, Thomas's and Kings possibly based on where they may also be being treated. I suspect most local surgeries are not equipped to store and administer the Pfizer vaccine - Astro-Zeneca, when it becomes locally available, may be different. As it (Pfizer) is delivered in large batches pooling demand from local GPs seems sensible. My wife and I are at the Forest Hill Road practice and are booked into the Tessa Jowell.

My next door neighbour aged 72 was vaccinated at the Tessa Jowell yesterday. I am CEV, received the letters again telling me to shield (I have had about 5 shielding letters in total), but no vaccination information. The Gardens tell me to expect a text sometime in the next two weeks and I will be able to book an appointment only once I get it. I seems the 70+ is taking priority over the clinically extremely vulnerable.

I seems the 70+ is taking priority over the clinically extremely vulnerable.

If you are over 70 you are clinically vulnerable. At least based on death rates. And some of those who are asked to shield are indeed very vulnerable, but are not able to be vaccinated (e.g. they may be on immuno-suppressant medication).

It is one group of vulnerable people being prioritised against another, although it ought to be said that both over 70 -75s (well those over 70 and under 75) and the under 70 extremely clinically vulnerable are both treated as being Tier 4 for the vaccine - so technically they are grouped together - how individual NHS groups actually invite patients from within one group is not being mandated, as I understand it.

I am with DMC - and they text to ask did I want to be vaccinated, that was Thursday and nothing since (on shielding list). I assumed they were vaccinating - but I gather from here, they are not? Is it only the Pfizer vaccine being administered at TJ?

That?s fine, I?m happy to get either, I?m just interested to know.