Thinking of moving to Maxted Road

luca9853

good morning all

we are thinking of moving to the sunny climes of SE15....quite like the look of Maxted Road and surrounding streets. Have lived in South London all my life and currently live in ED but just not that familiar with the little enclave in and around the Bellenden area...any thoughts, experiences etc?

cheers

Pure gun crime on Maxted. The Maxted Muslim Boy Posse regulalry shoot pedestrians as they leave their house as an initiation rite. Factor in the six or seven girl gangs that dwell on the road, the safe house for the local Mach 10 supplier and the crack factory at No. 53c I think you should have second thoughts.

Actually, I think the area is lovely round there and nice and handy for the Gowlett! Although my MiL thinks that the shop on Wingfield is a money laundering scam for Al Quaeda!

Luca9853, it's a great spot with loads of character. Solid Victorian housing stock, handy for ED and Peckham Rye Stn, close to open green space and some interesting shops, restaurants and cafe's in Bellenden Rd. If that's not enough you're a short walk to the world famous Lordship Lane! Which part of ED are you moving from?

Lovely area, our small family has been very happy here. As you'll see from the posts Ted Max linked in, there are strong opinions both for and against, but largely for. The area is friendly, diverse and well-supplied with good shops, caf?s, eateries etc. and you're nicely placed for both ED and PR stations, as well as the 3 local high streets: Lordship Lane, Bellenden Road and the Rye Lane.

As a new reader to this forum......I finally had to jump in and register as I live on Maxted RD....have been for 11 years (guess what I paid for my lovely house???)...anyway its a great road to live on but be warned you will probably get preggers pretty quickly as there's loads of us with kids and babies! It does have a community feel (in other words we know everyone's business!)....are you buying or renting?

Its too street for snorky - hard core bludz all wanting to pop a cap in snorkys sorry ass etc

acutlly, its a decent area. Dont be oput off by the postcode, its closers to the "vibrant" etc etc et Lordship lane than much of "East Dulwich" anyway

the same solid victorian house as you get in SE22 propa, but significantly cheaper - and not as many annoying clapham expat women and their twattish husbands either

go for it.

( get a " short" or a "piece" before you move in tho' )

Thank you all for your replies. We live seconds away from ED station but in a small house and what with ever expanding family, it ain't working....! We are looking to buy, Maxbabe, and it appears that you get so much more for your money around there so am getting very excited about it all. Ted, link was great, thank you...sorry should have looked up previous links before posting. B Belle, I will pm you very soon, ta.

No Alan, my house number wasn't there ... not the point. Yeah I know it's public info - I pointed that out in my post and I also pointed out people can find that information out if they want to.

But this is a site where we try and see each other as people I think .... and whether we realise it or not, money (and that includes house prices) can contain a lot of emotional charge. If people ask me about my house price I will tell them, face to face - but quite frankly for me it's a really painful issue so it upsets me to just see figures bandied about.

So I don't particularly want to keep quiet - I have made a suggestion, you can choose to accept or ignore it, that's fine. I just wanted to let you know my own personal feelings - I'm not offended by your posting at all.

And if anyone is wondering about how I can be so sensitive about the whole issue... well I've been quite open on other threads regardng inheritance about my situation. Guess I'm just an emotional rather than a numerical person!

> Only two nights ago I cried my eyes out watching

> Watership down whilst simultaneously playing

> Sudoku and I'm not an autistic savant or anything.

Alan - I'll have to check with my husband first - but since it's February 29th, can I please ask you if you would marry me? You are clearly my ideal man - and just think of the property we could have together!

Have lived on maxted Rd and now on Oglander for the past 10 years. Love the area. Great for using SE22 facilities but with all the extra Rye Lane options (African snails anyone? and good Vietnamese food shop in Choumert Market) and better transport. Personally I think the area is more architecturally diverse with a good mix of interesting people too. I'm not saying East Dulwich is a bit monotonous or smug or anything.....

Alan - paid ?83k - only wish my mortgage was under that anyway......and i wish i had bought another at the time...i chose the triangle cos i had rented on gowlett and fell in love with the vibe of the area..such a good mix and also the train station is so close and i love peckham rye not at all interested in the shops on LL really - love primarni the most!

luca - best of luck buying..really good time to now...have you looked at the 4 bedder going for a song!!!!!

Aaaah you know me BB honest as the day is crappy!!!!

Not talking about the one opposite..thats a pile of repairs the one on with property broker looks nice...is that one bad too???

the one that was auctioned went for 370k...met a couple in the gowlett that were trying to buy it...hope they got it...we'll see when the skips are out i guess....

I remember when houses on Danby street were at ?65k, I was offered a few back then, went on and bought commercial on Bellenden, it's a great little area but still not as busy and vibrant as it should be as councillors reckoned when it went under regeneration but there's no rush i guess.

Does anyone know what's going on in the shop next to apex stationers? It belongs to a guy that lives abroad and the council were going to compulsory purchase it when it went under regen, but he then started doing bits and pieces to it to avoid the compulsory purchase. I have noticed some work going on in there.