Warning - Dangerous hole on Forest Hill Road

This is for anyone travelling by road down Forest Hill Road today. If you know anyone coming home this way please warn them. Near the French Cafe, a pothole has developed in the middle of the road. It?s rather deep and water is springing out of it and wetting the road all around making it a real hazard. It?s now dark and if you are familiar with the roads you might be surprised and taken unaware by the hole so please be very careful especially if on a 2 wheeled vehicle.

This has been reported by several of the houses along the way so hopefully will be actioned soon. We contacted both Thames Water and Southwark emergency team (at 2pm today).

Without taking any action = unlikely. They may well have not been able to do anything physical and/or visible ast night but I am sure they will have taken action to solve it but behind the scenes, ie. taking notes, pictures, lining people up to do the work today.

Well yes. I assumed this part was obvious but for the forum I should have been more explicit to avoid being scolded. Needless to say (to some) I didn?t think they were there chewing their fingernails, I simply wanted to caution drivers that the hole is not yet fixed and to be careful.

Without taking any action = unlikely. They may well have not been able to do anything physical and/or visible ast night but I am sure they will have taken action to solve it but behind the scenes, ie. taking notes, pictures, lining people up to do the work today.

Even where work couldn't have commenced that night, the hole should have been coned off/ otherwise marked. Not only are such holes likely to damage vehicles, but with two wheelers (bikes or motor bikes) they can cause serious injury.