Thank you to Goose Green Primary School

HWH

I am fortunate enough to have a child that attends Goose Green Primary School, the live lessons that the school have been running for all children are absolutely amazing. Especially considering the short space of time they have had to set these up.

Speaking to other parents of children in the local area, it appears that other schools are not providing the same level of assistance to parents and children at home and this should be celebrated.

Well done to Simon Wattam, Kirsty White, Louise Partridge and all of the staff at Goose Green Primary School for their hard work and dedication to the educational needs of all the children in our school community.

HWH Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am fortunate enough to have a child that attends

> Goose Green Primary School, the live lessons that

> the school have been running for all children are

> absolutely amazing. Especially considering the

> short space of time they have had to set these

> up.

>

> Speaking to other parents of children in the local

> area, it appears that other schools are not

> providing the same level of assistance to parents

> and children at home and this should be

> celebrated.

>

> Well done to Simon Wattam, Kirsty White, Louise

> Partridge and all of the staff at Goose Green

> Primary School for their hard work and dedication

> to the educational needs of all the children in

> our school community.

A first time poster who has not checked in to the forum since posting this galling post!

My kids? school is fantastic, offers daily online lessons and teachers are working very hard, for which I am very grateful. And the school is not Goose Green ( although I am sure they are doing a great job too). Rest assured that other schools also provide a fab service!

I have been on the East Dulwich forum for years. I have lived in East Dulwich since the early 90s fully support everything the local community does.

I check in on the posts/threads on my phone - may explain why it shows I haven't been online - but rest assured I am on here at least several times a week.

I have noticed that so many people seem to find fault with everything and I wanted to make sure I thanked my child's school as schools seem to be forgotten during this pandemic

There is absolutely nothing wrong with praising and giving positive reinforcements. My child has personally started goose green this term and although my son has not been able to attend in person. The online classes that they are providing is excellent via google classrooms. The previous school my child went to did not have no where as much interaction online and did not buy into much software to encourage the children?s learning at home. They have live lessons and also give the children a opportunity to speak with teachers if they don?t understand something. They timetable your child?s day according to what the children are learning at school. They have offers laptops for disadvantage children. My child has had video chats with his new teacher, they have offered breakfast boxes regardless of whether your entitled to fsm or not. That In my opinion is a true dedication to focus on the children?s education during this pandemic. It?s not to say Some other schools aren?t providing that however there are many not providing this. Positivity is always good and acknowledgement is always good! Well done goose green.