How is Sainsburys this morning?

spider69

Was in earlier today about 11.30am, the queue although across the front and down to the Nursery was moving quite fast (roughly 10min wait). Stock wise no blue milk or branded frozen peas, some pasta still left, otherwise pretty good (suppose depends what you need/want, still had citrus fruit on the shelves as well.

Inside the store it was very very busy and people were NOT observing ANY social distancing so making the queuing 2m apart outside pointless. Leaning over people, no consideration for others and generally people being utterly selfish.

One of the staff (fairly young) and had not seen him there before, was not bothering to wear any face covering whilst managing self checkout tills, till a manager appeared and he very, very quickly pulled it up.

Travelling along LL, very, very long queues outside M&S, W Rose butcher (right down the next side street by the gym, Cheese Block, Moxons and the Franklins also v.long queues. Good luck and have lots of patience

1.10pm, queue was short as far as the cashpoints, so was in the store in 5 mins. 1.45pm when I left, the queue was starting to go as far as the nursery.

As jazzer mentioned, there was no social distancing in some isles, especially around the meat sections, but I was able to get what I wanted and no panic buying of toilet rolls! Fruit and Veg was still plentiful with some shelved at the front of the store.

I went in there early afternoon and the checkout next to the exit was occupied by two older sainsburys ladies chatting for the 5 minutes while i was at the next checkout. One had her mask under her chin the whole time.

She eventually left and went back into the store coughing as she went past me. Thanks!

Well that was a disaster.

They ran out of Turkeys yesterday, no Christmas type cheeses and quite a lot of empty shelves (but not fruit and veg - mostly meat). I still spent ?124 and another 30 buying a little Turkey roll and proper Christmas cheese in Marks & Spencers.

The boys (teenagers) at the meat counter laughed at me and the manager more or less said it was my fault for leaving it until late and wouldn't give me any reductions ("why should I") - so I'm moaning to Sainsbury's Twitter/Complaints line - but that's what I always do because I'm selfish LOL - so pointless criticizing me for moaning on this one cos moaners moan at Xmas :)

I wouldn't trust them on a special occasion going forward.

Feel like F**k Xmas

Forest Hill Road supermarket is both well stocked and is open Xmas day, nice to get out now that pubs aren't open. Not great on turkeys I expect (for a Turkish shop!) but you could rustle up yourself up a continental Xmas. Lidl had bird within a bird within a bird for all you death for no reason people.

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> M&S Have Turkey Crowns.. at ?57.00 +

>

> That's Fifty-Seven quid.

>

> Foxy...

Not sure if that's normal M&S prices - if they've "dressed" it (bacon, stuffing, sausage meat) and it's premium - probably.

Bic Basher Wrote:

> I went to Forest Hill Sainsbury's instead today,

> perfectly fine.

>

> Just got back from the Local, it's busy with

> people stocking up on booze, but was able to get

> some bread and single cream with no issues. They

> were running low on bananas however.

I should have planned my day better - I had a small delivery from Iceland that was 8-10am (I gave up at 11am) and it ended up showing up at 4:00 pm - it through me right off for the day.

But Booze I got early - I even seem to have ended up with 2L x spiced rum l... priorities :)

JohnL Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > M&S Have Turkey Crowns.. at ?57.00 +

> >

> > That's Fifty-Seven quid.

> >

> > Foxy...

>

> Not sure if that's normal M&S prices - if they've

> "dressed" it (bacon, stuffing, sausage meat) and

> it's premium - probably.

No Just the Crown by the look of it..

Foxy

I purchased a turkey crown (2.5/3 kg) from Iceland a few weeks ago. Cooked it earlier in the week, sliced up and put in freezer ready to take out when needed. Cost ?16. Beef from Asda also cooked, sliced and in freezer. I have done this every year since the mid 1970's as at the time I had such a small kitchen that a roasting dish with a turkey in took up all my work surfaces.

With the cancellation of Christmas - my family who were all visiting on Boxing Day are no longer able to come to us (I have NHS worker and teacher daughters)All of us now in Tier 4. With the freezing of food - I am not wasting anything. Hubby went to Salisbury's Local to get bread/fruit/veg - no queues. May have paid a little more but was in and out within 10 minutes.