Do You Know Anyone Who Has Been Mugged Recently?

gerry

Hey Quids, I'm a Guardianista through and through, and there are some days that I'd stab you as soon as look at you.

Well maybe not you, but certainly someone.

Just because Sean's super-nice, doesn't mean we all are (although you remember the skinhead advert right? don't judge us just because we look like bleeding heart liberals, some of us have imaginary crossbows).

I have lived in E Dulwich since 1991 and have never been mugged, or seen a mugging. My kids also have never been mugged. A friend's son was hassled quite seriously on the No 12 last at night and there has been one fatal shooting on Barry Road - v near us - and one mock shooting in the last five (?) years. Nevertheless I feel very safe in this area, and can't imagine anywhere where one could guarantee complete safety. Small country towns seem to suffer from more drug abuse and alcohol-fuelled violence than we see here in ED - and are rarely the idyllic "safe havens" of our imaginations...

A lady had her handbag snatched on Overhill Rd a couple of months ago or so, we had walked past a young lad coming other way, then about 20 yards later heard a noise and turned around to see him running across LL and a lady getting up off the pavement, and unfortunately been dragged along path by him in dog muck

• 2 weeks later...