Delivery scam beware

Manuela M

I received a very well written and clever phishing email today allegedly from DPD the delivery company.

The email stated that they had been unable to deliver a parcel to me on two occasions and it would be sent back to the sender unless I pay ?3 , they obviously wanted my bank details. It came with with a professional looking delivery schedule.

Whilst we are rushing about for Christmas be careful of such scams !

Yeah I got this email too, and with expecting parcels to arrive for xmas presents etc, had a good look at it. But as with always with phishing emails, the sender email is always the giveaway. Plus no courier ever charges the recipient for redelivery, and leaves a card on failure of the first delivery.

It seems scam season - I got the phone call from "Hammersmith police" saying one of my cards had been attempted to be used for a 3000 purchase. Not really in the mood to wind them up and make out I'm a notorious train robber - so I told them I'd ring back and put the phone down.

(this is a lie and they're trying to find vulnerable people who may give them card details or worse withdraw money to give them as "evidence").

Be Careful.

Blah Blah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah I got this email too, and with expecting

> parcels to arrive for xmas presents etc, had a

> good look at it. But as with always with phishing

> emails, the sender email is always the giveaway.

> Plus no courier ever charges the recipient for

> redelivery, and leaves a card on failure of the

> first delivery.

Yes, I've had a series of these. If you let your cursor sit on the sender's name, the sender's email will appear. This is usually a giveaway ie something inappropriate [email protected]. TVLicensing is another one -- warning that I haven't paid for my licence. The DPD one is newer -- so thanks for the heads-up

I had the fake Royal Mail scam today too - along the lines of...... "we tried to deliver your package but but one was in. Please reschedule delivery by clicking on the link below."

They had spoofed the sender's ID into Royal Mail but the underlying email address was sent from Greece!