Covid When will we all get Vaccinated ?

DulwichFox

Covid Vaccination

How long will it take to Vaccinate everyone ?

66 million people need to be Vaccinated Twice, 21 days apart.

Old people first 80+ Then Staggered decreasing age ranges

Won't be safe until Young people get done who are more likely to go out and socialize.

12 - 18 months ?? Who really knows ?

Cannot understand why Pubs can only sell alcohol with a substantial meal

but Restaurants who DO sell substantial meals can only do take away or deliveries.

DulwichFox

It depends on your definition of the word 'catch' in this context.

Some infections (such as HPV) can increase the risk of cancer.

If you are unfortunate to be radiated with a single dose of around 70 rads you will have radiation sickness that will lead to cancer in the human body. The severity of this (similarly with Covid) is dependent on age, pre-existing conditions etc.

My gut feeling is that it will probably take around a year before the majority of us (including young-ish, healthy-ish adults) have been vaccinated. Maybe even longer than that for school age children.

But I'm not sure I agree that it "won't be safe until young people get done". Safe/unsafe... it's not a binary switch. I am hopeful that an early vaccination program concentrating on health workers and elderly, combined with widespread testing and a degree of naturally developed immunity in the population will mean that the February third wave is much milder than the Oct/Nov second wave. And that by Easter, we will be seeing very low daily deaths.

As much as I want to be able to go to the pub, take my daughter to see family, go on holiday, get the economy moving, save businesses, etc... keeping the deaths and ICU cases down is still the most important thing IMO.

Nigello Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think it will be earlier than summer - end of

> April for most adults. If offered a time slot

> everyone should just take it and don't fanny about

> thinking about waiting for the Oxford vaccine etc.

Let's hope so! I do think it's more likely that the Oxford vaccine will be the one rolled out to the masses, as it's so much cheaper and easier.

I?m genuinely and deeply sorry to hear that Ted

But a) I wasn?t to know and b) not sure it has relevance on a thread about global pandemic and upcoming vaccines

But I too have had family also diagnosed with cancer and know the pain.

When this pandemic is over maybe people like you and me can share a pint/juice and console each other

Also sorry to hear about your loss Teddyboy. Cancer is an absolute bastard and a terrible way to go, for far too may of our loved ones.

But... Covid is a bastard too. 60K deaths so far just in the UK. Many of whom would have been alone in a hospital, unable to say goodbye to friends or family. Unable to breathe, and/or suffering from multiple organ failure. Many anaesthetised and on life support. So let's hope that we can get these vaccines rolled out quickly, and that most of the vaccine sceptics come round. And in the meantime, people start taking social distancing and other precautions a bit more seriously.

I?m asthmatic, but spent much of my time be the least asthmatic I could during this COVID 19, so much so I moved out of London and managed to get off of the steroid inhalers etc, so I wasn?t as ?at risk? as I could have been.

But now I find myself ?fantasising? how I might be asthmatic enough to move faster up the line towards being vaccinated.

I mean don?t get me wrong, I?m glad I?m well and all that, better than ever actually. But am I wrong hoping to be in line earlier than most.

It?s a dilemma, I?m challenging my own selfishness here, which I don?t like. But I?m quite keen to take advantage to stay as alive as possible for as long as possible. Or is this just the quandary of being human.

Does anyone else feel like this?

It's human nature to want to stay alive Seabag. And who wouldn't try and get as high up the queue as they can for a limited supply of a potentially life saving vaccine? It is going to take some time though, even to get the first phase rollout completed, so some patience is going to be needed. If things go well, that is to say, several vaccines come online and they all work well, then it should speed up that first phase rollout. Otherwise it could take most of next year to complete phase one. The UK's biggest hopes are pinned on the Qxford vaccine ultimately.

If you are deemed asthmatic and you get your flu jab yearly you ought to be on the No 6 group in the list, so take it and make sure you have the second jab! The over 65s have priority over asthmatics (unless your condition is particularly bad, as I understand) so you won't be taking a jab from anyone, I think.

Asthma is a lung issue and covid is a pulmonary harming disease so it could take a harder hold and strain your lungs and other organs. It may not make you more likely to be infected but if you are you could well be worse off than non-asthma sufferers.