Why 3-11 Lordship Lane?

macroban

This adjacent group of small businesses in Lordship Lane has received a disproportionate amount of flak from the East Dulwich Forum:

3 - Ralon Stationers

5 - Headnizm

7 - Green Cuisine Cookshop

9 - Lordship Dry Cleaners

11 - Dulwich Hi-Fi Station

Coincidence or agenda?

There is of course the small Kabal of satantist, non-affiliated Freemasons that are at the core of this site. They have a deeply subversive agenda that will see ED on its knees and Forumites entranced into a Messianic cult the aims of which are unclear yet would horrify the wider public.

To ensure they remain anonymous they frequent pubs that other Forumites are actively dissuaded from going into, quaffing exotic ales from bizzare drinking vessels; plotting and weaving the downfall and take-over of one ED institution after another.

These are the most Moderate members of this Forum. Yet their every gentle word and phrase is one small element of a wider web of intrigue; Wired together through the adoption of modern myths and folk tales that encapsulate their distorted world view, these are shared amongst the Group and those that they feel are vulnerable to their enticements.

They purchase propaganda through the internet; songs that contain subliminal messages to the innocent, promoting these through this very organ.

PLEASE look beyond the blandishments and see the real agenda before it is too late.

and .. buy tinned food and batteries.

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There is of course the small Kabal of satantist,

> non-affiliated Freemasons that are at the core of

> this site.

I noticed the masonic imagery on the ceiling in the Upstairs bar at the EDT which is above Ralon - say no more........

The Green Cuisine shop doesn't look crap in my opinion, it looks good. Can't vouch for the quality of the stuff as I've not patronised it yet but it does have Le Creuset in the window which obviously is top qual, whether it's cheaper than John Lewis is unlikely. It has been referred to as cookwank in a previous thread but if you like cooking and do a lot of it you'll know it is essential to have good quality tools. Meant to go in the other day to look for something specific but didn't get round to it.

Ralon is up for sale at a hefty price ...over half a million.Apparently,not busy enough. Not surprising - even sending a fax recently from there cost 5 pounds. And it wasn't to papua New Gunie but to a European Union country, with the real cost less than 10 p.

I think Green Cuisine, while the products it sells may not be crap, looks crap relative to the price point at which it operates. For that kind of money/mark-up, they should be offering a brand and experience more akin to Divertimenti in Marylebone High Street. Why is it that so many establishments in East Dulwich think they can get away with charging top whack for an average to sub-standard offering? Chandelier is another case in point, for those prices you can eat/drink in Yauatcha, which is Michelin starred and in another stratosphere in terms of quality, design and service.

Aren't you.. er.. on the internet now? Strictly speaking, Cassius?

I have bought a couple of items from the cookwank shop, simply out of being too lazy to shop around. But now I've got them and they'll last me twenty years.. there isn't too much of a reason to go back.

I don't think it's anything to do with stuff in there being expensive.. it's just not a very interesting shop to be in. I like shops which are bursting with stock.. stuff you didn't notice before tucked away here and there. Once you've been in.. you've been in. It's a bit stark and clinical in there.

Had an interesting experience in Green Cuisine. Handed over my money and the girl behind the counter had trouble putting the correct info into the computer so the till wouldn't open. After 5 minutes and a queue forming behind, she put my purchase in a bag, handed it over and said goodbye. When I asked for my change, she said "do you really want it"!!