Recycling ? cardboard

dennyboy1

Hello!

Brand new in East Dulwich, and that means we have loads of cardboard to dispose of from various deliveries (weird moving in without going to the shops much!) and from moving.

I don't have a car and bulky waste pickup is booked for weeks, so I tried to carry it down to East Dulwich Grove local recycling point (listed on Southwark's website), which a guy cleaning around the estates there helpfully informed me doesn't exist!!

I then tried to book a permit for the recycling centre, but I was told on the phone that there's no walk-ins at the moment due to Covid-19.

Does anybody know where I can take it? There's some mocking signs on bus stops on Lordship Lane telling me there's lots of new local recycling points but my experience so far is that they are disappearing!

Thanks, and if there's any tips (Whatsapp groups, other resources) for a new resident on Landcroft Rd I'd really appreciate hearing about it!

Generally the bin collectors will take neatly stacked, flattened and DRY card that?s next to the blue bins when they?re collected. We had 5 or 6 big boxes next to our bin this week that went without problem.

I also think there were some big recycling points at the flats at the corner of Wood Vale and Forrest Hill Rd, not sure if they?re still there.

If you have boxes that you have flattened, but which can still be used, and packing materials to move on you'll find a willing flow for passing on boxes & packing materials in the For Sale section - I usually put mine on to be collected for free and they are snapped up very quickly. Lots of peiople moving!

As it seems free cycles open

Advertise free moving boxes I had lady enquire I only had 3 left.

Don't remember her name on here

But put in for sale as free moving boxes be gone fast saves going to tip.

I did and bubble wrap to recycled by other people moving where I moved to.

I put on here or free cycle if still open.

People said Southwark one is open this time round.

• 3 weeks later...