DMC pharmacy

katgod

Received a letter today saying permission granted for this, under regulation 13(1)(b) of the NHS (Pharmacy svs ) Regs 2005. Disappointed , but happy that needle and syringe exchange services are not being commissioned by the pct. from a quick review seems like the dye was set following a review in 2001.

Interestingly, despite objections from 3 local pharmacy businesses, dame tessa, the lib dems with a petition of 1,083 people, LINK southwArk with a further 31 representations including the Bara Association (local tenants),Gumboots after school club, Gumboots nursery and others, it still got approved. Local democracy in action.

If you had a million pound mansion in Dulwich, you would want to follow every avenue to make money out of your very lucrative medical centre, and the upkeep of your many property developments.

The surgery already looks like a fairground with its flu jab banners.

Money could have been spent on new computers and trained operators, and a lift installed for people who cannot manage the stairs. and maybe a cleaner with copius supplies of disinfectants and air sprays, a pharmacy would be too much for the confused staff.

Hi LadyDeliah,

I think the neighbours are miffed at the idea of a pharmacy - a shop by another name - opening close to them for 100hours a week with all the deliveries, visitors, extra parking pressure. Espeically when a nuber of existing pharmacies within 500m located on existing shopping streets. To gain pharmacy permission to open 100hours pw they've also included a needle exchange. The iste is next ot a large nursery and the parents of children are concerned.

We don't need another needles exchange in the area when a number already exist.

Would you like a new shop next door open for 100hours a week?

LadyDeliah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What's wrong with having a pharmacy in the

> surgery? It would make life simpler for people who

> don't have much spare time.

I Totally agree....

People with late appointments at DMC often find it is too late to get down to the Chemists to get their script.

Elderly / Disabled people who have difficulty walking whould find this service beneficial.

Also people with small children.

Nearest Pharmacy is LLoyds. Great service there, but another Multi-national with 100's branches.

Tarot:-

Where would they put a lift. ??

Lift not required as appointments can be made in the downstairs surgeries.

I bet if they wanted to open a tea & cakes shop with 'Buggie Park' there would be no objection.

But anything usefull gets the big No No.

Fox.

I'm not saying I need another Pharmacy. I use LLoyds. I used it today.

James was seemed to suggest protecting local businesses. Well LLoyds is not a local

business. It is a Multi- national.

I do not constantly think just about myself, but am concerned about those less mobile.

The point I was making was that people are saying We do not need another Pharmmacy

Well we do not need another Mummy Club Tea Shop.... but no one would complain if yet anotherone opened at DMC.

Fox