Furniture / tech needed for DA survivor

Hello all

A bit of an unusual request but I am now rebuilding my life after DA. After a few months of living in temporary accommodation whilst taking steps to protect my safety, I now have a new home of my own!

I've experienced tech abuse and so am looking for a Samsung S10 to swap with my current Samsung S10 if possible. It is in near perfect condition and on EE.

I am also after a new Macbook Air (I have an Air 2015 - again happy to swap mine once wiped) both have their boxes and all cables etc.

I don't have much furniture (or cash atm as not working due to anxiety) and have moved into an unfurnished property so would appreciate help if you have items you don't need. I need a king size mattress (memory foam or orthopaedic as I have a bad back). Also after a small dining table and a chest of drawers. Other bits like bin / cutlery divider for kitchen. Bin / toilet brush for bathroom would also be fab. Over door hangers for towels etc...

There is very little gov / financial support for women in my position so I am learning...if anyone knows of any charities that support women fleeing DA / DV please also let me know via private message.

Wishing you all the best and hoping you are all staying safe.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

NJ

• 7 months later...

glad to hear you're safe now.

The East Dulwich Mums/ Herne Hill Families facebook groups maybe able to help if you need items. I've seen similar requests before and there seems to be a positive response. You can join and then post.

If you can have a look at the Turn2Us website [www.turn2us.org.uk] - they not only have advice on accessing benefits but also grant-giving trusts who you can contact for assistance on a variety of levels. You do a search using filters i.e. location, health, children etc. As well as providing grants for a variety of purposes there is also other support available.

Also Acts 435 is a charity set up by the last Archbishop of York that provides small grants via crowdfunding. You would need to find the local advocate, often a church, and apply through them [https://acts435.org.uk/join/advocates?region=london].

Also, as you're changing your tech, I thought I'd add this Refuge link for more information & advice: https://refugetechsafety.org/

Archived