police helicopter

jane1

There are also a load of plainclothes police at the Rye end of Friern Road. A couple of cars parked on the corner of Friern and Underhill with guys stood around on walkie-talkies. Appears to be a van sticking half out of a driveway with its hazard lights on and the side looks dented.

Also saw a car with blue lights parked by the Rye and 2 plainclothes police patting a guy down.

Just missed this happening earlier - was heading back from the shop on Barry Road and heard screeching brakes and a siren and then an almighty crash. As we rounded the corner onto Friern road we saw a van poking out of the wall of the house on the corner and a car stopped in the middle of the road. Someone was shouting "KEEP DOWN!" and "STAY WHERE YOU ARE!" and then three blokes bundled out of the van and belted off towards Peckham Rye. Didn't see who was shouting but the car in the middle of the road was abandoned by the time we got there. Flocks of people were heading out on to the street and then the police chopper turned up.

Nice seeing this just after we moved here! /sarcasm.

welcome to east dulwich, i just want 2 say, ive live here all my life which is well over 30 years now, and it is a lovely place to live,and the people are very friendly, i wouldnt live any where else, i love east dulwich.........

Yeah, I really wouldn't worry or take this as typical moggy. I moved here recently from Camberwell and it's way safer and quieter and much lower crime stats. You just tend to hear about it more because of the forum and you were unlucky enough to actually encounter it.

I saw the same van chased up Lordship Lane just before 7pm, at the junction with Court Lane. It came through at some speed being chased by an unmarked police car on blues & twos. Clipped another car that was navigating around a bus! No injuries but the headlight and rear bumper seemed to have suffered some damage, the van disappeared up towards Goose Green so I guess this is where it ended up!

I've lived in London for 8 years (although only 6 months in Dulwich) and this is the first ever police chase I've seen in person.

You would have had your tea then...

Welcome, it's Barry round here.

Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hah, you're a lovely and reassuring lot aren't

> you?

>

> Thanks very much! We came from Edinburgh's New

> Town which is incredibly quiet and staid so we're

> not used to all this liveliness.

Reading the messages posted show that none have lived a very long time in East Dulwich that can remember the good old days of very little crime.

Years ago it would only be a tap on the shoulder and a " Good evening all ", no putting the public in danger with persuing speeding Police vehicles, ( actually breaking the Law themselves ) and sometimes using the Police vehicle to ram the villians car. Who pays for that Police vehicle repair. You do.

To police the public the Police must be far more devious to catch them.

I sometimes wonder where they got that expertise.

Bring back the Stocks to Goose Green.

Thanks very much! We came from Edinburgh's New

Town which is incredibly quiet and staid so we're

not used to all this liveliness.

Having lived in Edinburgh it is a rather nice area, and New Town is not so far from the centre. You will get used to the helicopters flying around East Dulwich (not exactly a rare occasion) and the sound of police cars!

It seems to me that the police were massively irresponsible if they were pursuing this van at speed in a car through residential streets. It mounted the pavement and crashed right through my neighbour's brick wall and into her garden. If anybody had been walking on that stretch of pavement, or cycling on the road, they would almost certainly have been killed instantly.