vodaphone no net work coverage

Chocoholic

bt business mobile have just assure me tnat there are co coverage problems in he scutari-forest hill road area.strange that the mobile does not work unless I travel to other side of peckham rye. bt have vodophone for me. I have a sparkling new blackberry but cannot call anyone from home

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the unhelpful response I received from Vodafone Customer Services, suffice to say i'll be leaving. O2, Three and T-Mobile seem ok near Peckham Rye park:

"Thank you for contacting Vodafone customer services.

I am sorry to learn that you are unable to access our services for sometime as there is a Network fault in the signal site in your area.

We aim to provide you with the services at all times, but owing to the nature of mobile telecommunications, it is impossible to provide a fault free service. The quality and coverage of the services depends partly on your mobile phone, partly on the Vodafone network and partly on other telecommunications networks to which the Vodafone network is connected.

The services might be adversely affected by too many people trying to use the network at the same time, physical features such as buildings and under passes and by atmospheric conditions or other causes of interference and may fail or require maintenance without notice.

Our engineers are trying to resolve this issue as soon as possible. I'll not be able to give you an exact timescale as to when the issue will be rectified.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter"

And here is the reply i got from my telecomms man

I have spoken to Vodafone again regarding this post code SE22 *** and they say that although there are two 2G cell sites down in your area, 3G should be ok so unless all of your devices have been reverted to 2G mode, all should be ok on the whole.

The next step in an instance such as this would be to raise a network case to Vodafone for a more thorough investigation.

To do this I would need some examples of numbers affected, when you first noticed the degradation in service, any examples of dropped-calls including time, date and number dialled.

Please let me know if you would like me to raise a case and include as many examples of the above in as much detail as you can.

I have just had this communication from BT - I too have had network issues with Vod, the BT Mobile service provider:

We have an update on the problem with 3g in your area, but I?m afraid it does not look good.

There appears to be an issue with what we call ?line of sight? between two cells and by the very nature of this, it will not be a quick fix. The re-design team are currently looking into a new way to route service and avoid the problem which will then require planning. Thankfully, by locking to 2G, you are still able to make and receive calls and texts, but if you are struggling with that while away from home, then simply changing back to auto selection will help. Please let me know if you need guidance on how to do this.

Interestingly this says there is a 3G problem (my experience) - so completely differs from the advice above. By setting GSM only (on my phone) I am getting better reception in SE22. I have to remember to change to an auto setting (phone chooses GSM or 3G) when I am away from home.

I gave up and cancelled Vodafone as I was missing important calls whilst in my house. I've switched to O2 and so far no problems with reception in SE22. I know nothing about mobile technology but it was both a phone signal and 3G/data problem for me - i.e. neither worked in my house and in most of the neighbourhood - with Vodafone since some time at the end of November.

roger (I ask you) also told me at the start of our brief liaison that the ,mobile number I gave him was in correct. I have had this number for yonks. these people really are tossers. I fully expect to be berating another "roger" early tomorrow

this appalling company swore to me at 5pm yesterday that the mobile reception problem in peckham rye-forest hill-scutari road area would be completely resolved within 12 hours. I was assured that this was a "corporate promise". needless to say, this was total tosh and the cr*p lack of reception is as bad as ever. switching to 02 (who have plenty of masts) is more exspensive amd anmyway we have a contract with bt business mobile. how can anyone ever win?

I've been on the phone to them for 25 minutes. After all that all I have achieved is to be told "yes, we are aware there is a problem, we don't know when it will be fixed". Useful, very useful.

I'm on a contract with them, still have the best part of a year to go - is it straightforward to change provider in my case?

Im on vodafone business, using it in se22 for buisness yet have been having problems for months and have got irritate with them, have missed important calls etc..yet nothing. Currently I'm still waiting for an answer and am insisting that they terminate my contract as they are indeed causing my freelance business to fail, or at the very least miss out on important contracts. Lets see what their response is this time.

bt have told me that they will release me from my contract and assist me to port my number etc to a new supplier because of the vodafone problem. apparently, it is not likely to be solved any time soon. vodafone say, of course, that their engineers are working round the clock. cobblers!

See my post above - if it is as described to my source in BT (but there do appear to be different stories being promulgated by Vod) then there will be no site engineers working on this - but instead planners and way-leave experts (to find another route for delivering service). And I'd guess what with the 4G auction and all they're not working that hard on it.

There is an Android ap (OpenSignal) which allows you to track where your local cell sites are, and which you may be connected to (if any). Currently on 2G I'm connected to site 7339.

My Vod service (on 2g) isn't completely hopeless, but it's not what they're being paid for!