vodaphone no net work coverage

Chocoholic

Hello all..... been having vodafone signal issues since I signed up with them for the first time a year ago. After having settings sent twice, being promised a booster which never transpired and then advised there are no problems in the area and that I probably need to take my phone into the nearest shop; I was shocked/ surprised / unsurprised / reassured / all of the above when I came across this thread.

To start I figured it was because i lived in a basement but have now moved and 12 months on am still lucky if I get 3 bars on the signal. Every phone call has connection issues and accessing 3g when out and about is also hit and miss which makes me think it is not local to SE22 as this occurs at various sites I visit across south london and is having a negative impact on my business.

Long story short, I rang again about it today to be told that they are aware of a problem which was only reported last week! They were not accepting of my advice about a known problem in the area for months until I directed them to this forum. I have been offered a credit on my account (?20 at present) and told that they do not have sure signal boosters in stock but that they will try get one sent from a shop to me (after I stated that I am unable to travel to the nearest shops in eltham and lewisham). I was also advised to call back when the problem is resolved so they can calculate a final credit to be added to my account for loss of service - this is hilarious as I keep calling them back to say the problem has not ever been resolved but figure one last chance before I join you in the ceo complaint campaign and efforts to get out of my contract!

annabel42 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Vodafone offered me a free sure signal box which

> they said, by text message, I could collect from

> one of their nearby stores. When I told them

> there are no Vodafone stores nearby, they said

> they had none in stock at present!

What a bunch of liers. Email the CEO and point them to this forum

DulwichDeviant Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Come on over to EE 4g

> Getting superfast 4g speeds in East Dulwich now !

> See picture attached

LOL no - 4G EE is very limited and too expensive. Also you'll be stuck with an 1800Mhz spectrum ie if you loose 4g coverage you will not get any roming benfits or international 4g data. Remeber the issues very early on in mobile technology - tri-band, quad band etc. We are at the same point (again). Wait for 4G roll out this year and then await new chipsets (Peta band ??? Octo band ??? however it pans out).

If you really want good coverage go over to T-mobile (maybe even 3) for their HSDPA+ services - Better coverage, higher capacity and very very close to the realistic (current) 4G LTE speeds.

On a side note I got my sure signal over the weekend - Now full service HSDPA and voice in my house - it does reduce though toward the back of the house. The major benfit is I can now recieve a signal in my basement bedroom.

Also another forum user has reported that although the crane near the baptist chapel (did someone mention this as the possible source of the shadow?) hasn't moved but they have seen an improved signal - can anyone else verify this ?.

Maybe Vodafone (and BT) have actually listened ?

Quality not quantity.

One of the reasons the 4G auctions were held back (other than incompetance) was the huge concern over the opertators handling of 3G infrastucture accross the board. Lack of investment, over subscribed and loss of coverage.

Vodafone is just 1 example, there are others region by region.

In Germany I remember Vodafone being exellent in 2003, when I got back to the UK I couldn't believe how crap it was (in 2008). I though I'd give them another try last year - I'll never learn.

Maybe the operators gave up on their services in anticipation of 4G investment ?

I agree,

I genrally live my life if several places:

Europe - I use O2 no probs.

Wales - LOL Vodafone forget it, shit to say the best.

London City - Well this should be bloody good it's a major european capital.

Lancashire - Sporadic at best.

That pretty much covers a good spread - Rural, Small town and large city - All very sporadic.

At this point I can add my wife is on Orange and for coverage you can't beat it in all of the metioned locations, but for speed its toss.

Can't wait for quantum communications to become main stream (in 2150 maybe)

Phoned Vodafone this afternoon to enquire as to when the promised free sure signal box would be arriving. Was told again none in stock - I would have to either go into a shop ( although reasons having been given and noted several times why I cannot) or go on line, order and pay ?100 (price gone up from ?50) up front, and they would then refund me the ?100. When I said not a chance, the call centre operative said I must realise that Vodafone is a business! She also disputed quality of signal (open signal app shows 37% average all time), saying she could hear me perfectly well. Email now sent to CEO.