vodaphone no net work coverage

Chocoholic

Vodafone agreed that I can cancel my contract at any point because of the ongoing situation. I asked them to note this on my file to save a future argument. I haven't yet but no news as to when the problems will be resolved.

willjac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I too am waiting for a call to confirm whether I

> can cancel my contract with them as I no longer

> can "sit and wait" for the problem to be rectified

> - Laxton House - have they now been in contact

> with you? What was the outcome?

Okay ive had enough too now. I rang them today.

There is a problem and they apologise. cheers for that.

'I can recommend you do this...'

'stop there im not turning my phone to 2G'

(long conversation and I explain my knowledge of telecommunications)

'I know the problems in the area affecting the mast and I want it fixed please'

'Ill pass you to a special super dooper senior techie god like guru'

'My name is Ahmed im the SENIOR technical support guy, I can tell you our engineers are working on it right now and it should be repaired soon'

'How long for so far its taken 3 months'

'Sorry sir we cant say how long it will take, its a long process bu...

'I dont care about vodafone processes or how you run them, I care about my phone working'

'But sir' excuse excuse excuse

'you're reading from a script this is nonsense'

'Escalate the issue please within your process, I want 3 months refund and as a good will gesture cancel the contract'

'ok sir, you will be contacted within 48 working hours so Tue at the latest'

'and the refund ?'

'yes sir no problem'

Lets see what happens next...if you're affected put a brief transcript here and lets see how they tally up.

Polla 2256 - I had the same conversation on Wednesday evening. I waited the 48 hour period to be contacted. No phone call was received. I've just called again to follow up on it and was told that in fact the advisor should have not said that they would terminate my contract and waiver the four months cancellation charge for terminating early. They are now trying to recall the recorded conversation from Wednesday night and if they do find this was promised to me will cancel my contract without a charge. I now have to wait for Vodafone to call me within 7 days - the wait continues !

polla2256 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How's about this we'll all ring them at the same

> time every 2 days until they do something. Post

> all conversation results here and then email the

> link to the CEO for the UK, I did something

> similar with virgin.

Great idea, anyone have CEO name and email? How about a Twitter war?

@VodafoneUK is the lucky recipient....

cheers for that, i let my feelings known. needless to say i never got a call back. see if this ceo actually lives by his word, as his staff certainly do not. Im making a call tomorrow evening, from then on its every 2 days. feel free to join me.

i find this useful too

http://www.ceoemail.com/

Vodafone UK

Guy Laurence Chief Executive

? ?

E-mail [email protected]

Telephone 01635 33251

Website http://www.vodafone.com

Twitter @VodafoneUK

? ?

I'm in Marmora Road and I'm having the same problems. I'm effectively paying ?40 a month for sweet FA - and their overtures of fixing the problem and compensating me for the inconvenience have come to nothing. I've sent message to their CEO and complaints again today. Let's see if anything comes of it (probably not)

Well just called them back,

They told me firstly the issue has been resolved since last Friday, switch off your phone to recieve a network update and it will be fine.

I told them the phone has been off and on (flat battery) but has not made a difference.

They put me on hold for 15 mins and then came back and admitted that there is a line of sight issue in the area. At this moment they can't say why or when / how it will be resolved. It may require a complete redisgn of the site which means planning permission etc.

They then offered a sure signal box for ?50 - I didn't accept as I shouldn't have to pay for their shortcomings.

I threatended OFCOM and elluded them to the fact that people are being released from contrct in the area and it may be amtter for the press as to how they are conducting their operation at large with a crumbling 3G infrastructure.

She went away and came back offering the sure signal for free - I accepted for a trail period stating if I notice any interference with my broadband service I will look at terminating my contract, she said this would most likely be the next step.

In short they are trying to bluff at first but have admitted there 100% is an issue that they don't when if / when they can resolve it. As such ring them telling them this, record everything and write a letter to OFCOM if you aren't happy.

The new campaign - Free sure signals for East Dulwich : )

Side note: I rang 08080044688 (customer relations team - maybe linked to the complaint I sent the CEO)

I don't think so - I presume it is to be used per house hold, that said I'm not sure on its performance. My guess is that it is registered per device ie only your handset can use it (for profitability) but I can't clarify yet.

I assume you are relating the idea to BT Open zone WiFi ???

It would be intersting to see if it makes a difference - I will feed back on its use and look into its capabilities. However I can't see it being able to saturate an area bigger than a house or a few rooms in a house.

Essentially it will bypass the mast radio and route directly to the exchange via broadband. I'll see if I can create a radiation map of the device when I install it but I don't know if there is an app for that.