Oliver Bonas

macroban

What with Oliver Boner being the Foxtons of tat shops does this mean some of our traditional, well established and er, useful tat shops will go to the wall?

If that's the case I will happily give time and expertise to defend the rights of tat shop owners to operate without fear of these tat chains muscling in with their slightly cheaper wonky candle stick holders and grossly marked up klobber.

Thanks ed_pete, great post and a very thoughtful suggestion but I come from a long line of hedonists and I am already halfway through writing Jah Lush's Book of Decadence but haven't had the time to finish it yet due to a serious case of partying of late.

I too would be glad to buy you a drink at the next Forum jolly-up.

I got that Banksy book a lot cheaper in Fop/Fopp (spelling?) near the Charing Cross Road a week or so back :)

ed_pete Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh - I don't know. Think I've found a few items

> that you and some of the other regulars might be

> interested in...

>

> Snorky

>

> SeanM

>

> Admin

>

> Dulwich Mum

>

> Jah

Oliver Bonas is shit. It's the apogee of Claphamite guff selling utterly useless tat to morons with money to burn. I can only hope that East Dulwich does to OB as Forest Hill did to MacDonalds and they are forced to close. There's a happy medium you know.

If only there was a way that both Oliver Bonas and Foxtons could be razed to the ground at the same time.

It breaks my heart to see firms like them move to Dulwich, they must know there's a market for their evil.

The shops will only come if the victims are they to keep them in business.

and they are very much there.

wasnt some uninspired hack bleating on about the gentrification of ED in a column in teh times a while ago ? IIRC, she did say she moved from Battersea/Fulham/Clapham or whatever faceless poohole she was in before to escape the all bar one-isation of the area ?

are the two events linked ?

Influx of victims from expensiver flat land to small victorian house land with their young/ not yet birthed family

Influx of overpriced tat shops and Delis catering to the new influx ?

erm, maybe Im being a bit ole skool marxist here, but surely "YOU" & "YOUR LOT" are the reason for the gentification & you shoulbnt blame the shops for trailing along - thats what they do , its hardly odd retail behavior

It doesnt help that such slob lazy journalism seem to consgtantly reiterate what a great place ED is - mainly cos theyse all moving here and dont have an original idea to fill their columns ?

maybe a move to Thamesmead opr Plumstead would have ensured you could have kept the gentrifation of your new manor at bay for a while longer ?

Wait there - Snorkys got it - all you hacks out there - start to slag off ED - describe it as the Bronx of SE London and describe the drive by shootings and pools of blood on the street and the pitiful all night wailing of the blood spattered victims- that would keep the thrusting interlopers + the gentrifiers away wouldnt it ?

Oh, wait there, it would also cause a fall in house prices and we vant have that can we

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Snorky, sorry a bit of thread here, but have you got short fat fingers or has somebody jumbled up the keys on your keyboard for a laugh?

OB may well up the anti for some of our more established crap tat shops. They'll just have to be a bit more original than buying everything via Top Drawer every year.