Recommendations for pubs in the general area - tier 2 Covid

malumbu

What pubs would you recommend meeting? - both within your bubble and (outside) in groups of up to 6.

I did a few pubs after 4 July and noticed a massive difference - from those only taking booking and using table service to a scrum at the bar, the latter was a bit uncomfortable and this was during a low number of cases so don't plan to go back at present. I've not been out for a drink since we went up a notch.

please go beyond SE22 eg Nunhead, Peckham and Honor Oak/Forest Hill. Thanks.

Have I lost the plot?

I thought in Tier 2 you weren't allowed to sit on the same table as people from another household, including outside?

My partner and I recently cancelled pints and pizzas at the Gowlett with a friend for that reason.

Horses for courses I suppose, but why oh why are people - during the time of a pandemic which only transmits through close contact and contaminated surfaces - going to pubs, of all places ?

Actually, no, it's not even horses for courses, because that's about personal preference.

We're in a serious pandemic, where is the collective responsibility ?

I'm after pubs that are properly following the rules - track and trace, hygiene, at-table service, staff with protective equipment, controls on in door (household/bubble) and outdoors (rule of six). Some were very lax. We could all abuse the rules, whether we meet outdoors in a pub or in a park. That's an issue for another thread. Thanks for the recommendations - I know most of the places well but plastic grass was the final straw for the Dulwich Woodhouse, a place I adored up until the 00s - younger/newer residents wont know how wonderful it was. But again that's for another thread.

One thing not so keen on is needing an app to order. Don't mind on-line booking, which can be a good thing on the T&T.

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Have I lost the plot?

>

> I thought in Tier 2 you weren't allowed to sit on

> the same table as people from another household,

> including outside?

>

> My partner and I recently cancelled pints and

> pizzas at the Gowlett with a friend for that

> reason.

In Tier 2 you can't mix household inside but it's the rule of 6 outside afaik. Whenever we booked at the Gowlett to be inside, they've asked if we are in the same household and the inside has been super well ventilated (Big Jackets are advised...)

I think most local pubs are being very strict with the new regs. GE were keen to check household bubble etc and the 6 to a table, The Herne have the sanitise on entry, zap the track and trace, facemasks etc - plus only family groups inside and tables of 6 outside. Their garden is pretty large so tables well spaced.

I have not been to a 'spoons' so cannot report on their response, but I feel that most pubs in East Dulwich are being very careful to maintain all their customers safety.

Deserter has kindly compiled an inside / outside pub guide

NEW: Where to head for a pint when it's pissing it down. A crowd-sourced compendium of covered cheer.https://t.co/FPe0nzQEuw pic.twitter.com/27wtU4TmR6— Deserter (@deserterblog) October 3, 2020