Grand Designs in East Dulwich

Ko

• 2 weeks later...

HI

Sorry not been on the Forum for a while. The effect of the TV prog was rather surreal - Bill has shaken hands with so many people in the last two weeks he has arm-ache and we have been inundated with work and callers ever since. In the midst of the TV circus we are still striving to oomplete/sell House B, plus we are also contracted to appear at the forthocoming GRAND DESIGNS LIVE SHOW next weekend at Excel. (Google the show if you want event details etc).

We are still keen to let local people have a look round the houses and will be in touch again v soon to try and arrange a date, or a couple judging by the size of the group now, probably towards end of month.

Regards: Talisman.

PS: Big thanks to everyone who sent cards/emails/compliments following the TV Show, much appreciated. We have put up some pics of the build on our website - www.ecoism.co.uk. See the READ MORE page under the CH4 logo.

• 8 months later...

I've come to this late! I saw the programme, not realising where exactly it was. My extra interest now relates to the fact that my descendants lived in Landells Rd (though from the way it was written I originally thought it was Sandell's Rd). The family surname was Buckie (also written Buckee) and they lived at 45 Sandell's Rd in 1894 when my grandmother Ada was born. Her brothers and sisters included Samuel, Edwin, Elizabeth (Madge) and Walter who were all older. My father (b 1922) remembers Landells Rd so I think they lived there for some significant time though the older children were born in Charing.

I can see local residents have followed this and wondered whether there was anyone who could email me a photo of No 45 or indeed the Road. I think it is possible the Buckie's became evacuated during the war - cannot remember whether that was because the house had been damaged. Need to check up with Dad but cannot contact him at the moment.

Chris

thanks for such a prompt reply. I'll look at the site next. My email address, replacing _at_ with @ and _dot_ with . is (those pesky web trawling bots get everywhere) is tricia_dot_lockhart_@_tesco_dot_net

After my Mum died a few years ago, Dad had a passing thought of returning to his roots in London - probably something to do with the fact he has been a lifetime Crystal Palace supporter, living at 7 Wrights Rd, S Norwood for much of his life and indeed only selling that in about the 1960's (just before the housing boom!)

The fact that Mrs Chris lived there is a pleasant reminder of the way lives wind and repeat and the house stays more or less the same.