Rat issue-HELP

pfk

Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone has ever had an issue like this. On Saturday at 6am there was some loud banging which I thought was someone trying to break in. I realised it was coming from the bathroom and then the toilet! The toilet seat was down and banging. I banged the lid then heard something squirrel down the toilet. When I opened the lid there were lots of scratches on the inside of the lid.

I cleaned and bleached the toilet & kept the lid down. A few hours later I went back and opened the lid and there was a rat in the bowl scratching away.

It ran back down. Since yesterday I haven?t seen anything but I am literally TERRIFIED to go into the bathroom.

There was heavy rain over the weekend and we live in the basement flat so that?s why I think it came but who knows.

So, does anyone know if this is likely to continue happening? Should I get a pest control person?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks!

You need to fit a one way rat blocker. The fit in to the drain pipe in the gulley outside. There will be a man hole cover outside covering the gulley. These cost between ?45 and ?120. Easy to fit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roshield-Rat-Drain-Guard-Stainless/dp/B07FKQLPFV/ref=asc_df_B07FKQLPFV/?tag=bingshoppinga-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvnetw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584001419901121&psc=1

We?re in a 1st floor flat & our neighbours downstairs had rats under their shed - they saw them walking around their garden, looking in their patio window!! The pest controller said there has been an influx of rats moving to domestic properties this year since lockdown when all restaurants closed & they went into our drains to find food. Send a PM i you need details of the pest control firm & I?ll get details from the neighbours.

I had a solitary rat in my property four or five years ago. Apparently they are half blind so can't see very well in front of them (good for me as was confronted by one in the loft) but they don't go looking for anything except shelter or food so try not to be too alarmed as they are very slow animals.

Thanks, now to find someone to fit one!

-------------------------------------------------------

> You need to fit a one way rat blocker. The fit in

> to the drain pipe in the gulley outside. There

> will be a man hole cover outside covering the

> gulley. These cost between ?45 and ?120. Easy to

> fit.

>

> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roshield-Rat-Drain-Guard-

> Stainless/dp/B07FKQLPFV/ref=asc_df_B07FKQLPFV/?tag

> =bingshoppinga-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=&hvpos=&hvne

> tw=o&hvrand=&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvc

> mdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-458400141990

> 1121&psc=1

How lomany flushes before waahed out of Ubend? Thanks

> Bleach - about 4 bottles. (edit: obviously a

> better solution is a rat blocker - but my natural

> reaction to everything dirty is bleach)

>

> There are reports all over about this - they're

> hungry because we're all staying in.

>

>

> https://www.environpestcontrol.co.uk/rat-control/r

> ats-coming-up-toilet/

Two weeks ago, our dog had a strange graze and missing fur on his neck and took him to vet who gave antibiotics. Next day went into garden and found prostrate dead rat at back so I think dog killed it and got a retaliating scratch. He's better now. The dog.

Clutterqueen Wrote:

> try not to be too alarmed as they are very slow animals.

Not sure about this, I've seen huge rats in the park chasing away squirrels and ducks to get their food (both of which seemed terrified of the rats), they seemed pretty nippy to me.