Halloween during COVID era

Hey! It?s 27 Oglander road here ( the famous house on halloween!) I?ve been decorating the house every year for the past 8 years and it?s been a huge success every time! I?ve been wondering whether there?ll be any trick or treating this year due to COVID? I?ll still be decorating the house as usual, but I?m wondering whether trick or treating will be going on as usual, so I know whether to buy sweets, as usually I have over 150 children trick or treating. What do you guys think?

people I know decorating houses so that kids can go out and walk round the neighbourhood looking for spooky decorations, but no trick or treating. The idea is that parents give out sweets to their own kids- eg every time they see a bat/ monster whatever you pick then you hand out a sweet or give them once you get back.

Hopefully this way kids can enjoy Halloween safely outdoors but without knocking on doors and neighbours can enjoy decorating for it!

I would like to bag up sweets and leave them to collect, rather than my usual grubby fingered bowls of sweeties. We will bag them with proper PPE stuff worn. Is that an OK idea? The pathos of a little kid taken round after 9 pm, when most sweets have gone, by late to home working parents, has always broken my heart. This year it is a generation, how can we make it fun for them. I'm saying this as a 56 yr old grumpy bloke who thinks Halloween is American bollocks, but won't anyone think of the children?

Walked down Melbourne Grove to Grove Vale yesterday and was intrigued by nets in trees and mock gravestones tied to trees with 'Be very afraid' and other comments. After seeing this several times realized that many of the houses and gardens were decorated with pumpkins and other Halloween items. So assume that these local residents were indicating that they were up for trick and treating.

Pugwash Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Walked down Melbourne Grove to Grove Vale

> yesterday and was intrigued by nets in trees and

> mock gravestones tied to trees with 'Be very

> afraid' and other comments. After seeing this

> several times realized that many of the houses and

> gardens were decorated with pumpkins and other

> Halloween items. So assume that these local

> residents were indicating that they were up for

> trick and treating.

Or a rye comment on the LTNs 😆

Saw this on twitter

No to trick or treating, but yes to a spooky walk and giving sweets to your own kids!

Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Walked down Melbourne Grove to Grove Vale

> yesterday and was intrigued by nets in trees and

> mock gravestones tied to trees with 'Be very

> afraid' and other comments. After seeing this

> several times realized that many of the houses and

> gardens were decorated with pumpkins and other

> Halloween items. So assume that these local

> residents were indicating that they were up for

> trick and treating.