To the Motorcyclist who ran the red light on Grove Vale this afternoon

Really dangerous behaviour PARTICULARLY as at 3:45pm there are people with children crossing that road at those lights - I and my children were already on the crossing as the light was red and we had the right of way. It was lucky that we hadn't gotton so far across.

And many apologies to the innocent bicylist who happened along afterwards when the lights switched to green - my children had a delayed reaction when we reached the other side of the pavement and were shouting at the motorbike driver who was by then way ahead of you - not at you!

Is this a Pelican crossing?

When you say the light was red and you had the right of way, was the "green man" showing for pedestrians?

ETA: I'm not excusing the motorcyclist, but having the right of way does not mean you shouldn't look to see what is coming before stepping out into the road - unless s/he came suddenly round a corner so couldn't be seen?

That's fair enough.

I'm REALLY not trying to have a go, and clearly the driver was totally out of order, and I'm very glad nothing terrible happened to any of you.

But given that there are this kind of lunatic drivers on the road, maybe best to check that traffic is slowing down before you start crossing, even if theoretically you are in the right ......

Easy for me to say, I know. And it shouldn't be necessary, of course it shouldn't.

But better to be safe than sorry.....

There is a bend in the road by the school if cars are coming towards lordship lane and if a car or motorbike is speeding along it is possible to check and nothing is coming and then if they do not slow down it can take one by surprise. I know a couple people who have had this experience at this particular crossing.

Fair enough. Sounds like they could do with a mirror there or something, particularly as it's near the school.

ETA: Crossed post! A lollipop person would be an even better idea.

ETA: Except of course a mirror would be there all the time, and the lollipop person only at school going in/coming out times I guess ......

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "Sounds like they could do with a mirror there or

> something, particularly as it's near the school."

>

> Or drivers who break the law could face stronger

> deterrent

xxxxxxx

Yes but unless there's a camera at the crossing, how's that going to work?

Even if someone got the guy's number, which in the heat of the moment and worrying about your kids is going to be the last thing on your mind, it's one person's word against another's unless there's proof, surely?