Big Issue scammer Lordship Lane

EJTH

?Hey you, you always standing on the streets of LL, always selling the Big Issue in the freezing cold! You haven?t got a sellers ID so I reckon you are scamming me somehow

I admit, I have yet to ascertain the benefits to you of such a scam, seeing as how you are, erm, always standing on the streets of LL, selling the big issue, in the freezing cold, but still? my point remains!?

The only time I've knowingly been scammed by a Big Issue seller was once in town.

I gave him the money, he handed me the mag. Then he asked for it back so he could sell it to somebody else :))

It seemed he only had one copy.

I thought it was quite enterprising actually so I did give him the mag back .....

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I know the official advice is to only buy from

> vendors with an ID - but seriously where would

> someone not registered REGULARLY get hold of

> stocks of Big Issues, to sell at a profit? And

> even if that happens, who is losing out?

xxxxxx

Well presumably the registered Big Issue sellers would be losing out.

But I agree, it's highly unlikely anybody could do that, or even want to.

There has been a female selling Big Issue outside Co-op for many years now. To sell Big Issue she should have ID, but come one let's not get too worked up about it. Don't buy from her if you have a problem with her, but don't automatically criticise either. There are some self-righteous commentators on this forum.

As the original poster on this topic let me assure you I did my homework.

Yes I did call Big Issue. They have a real issue with people who are passing themselves off as legit sellers and causing them undue hardship in lost earnings as a result at the moment.

All Big Issue sellers have to be registered and wear a tabard and have ID.

Yes I did talk to the legit Big Issue vendor Kelvin who operates outside the charity shop.

And finally, I have a right to question whoever badgers the hell out of me to buy a Big Issue as I leave a shop especially when she will not show me ID. It is not classist, racist or anything else-ist to check to see what's going on. Big Issue vendors are themselves trying to turn their lives around just they are doing it legitimately, hence why I always buy one, BUT from a badged vendor.

mrure Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

"There are some self-righteous commentators on this forum."

*Brilliant.*

If she's not legit she is more determined than most scammers and as others have said, she peculiarly well supplied if it is a scam. If one really is bothered, why not speak with woman in question, nicely, and try to make sense of the situation without resorting to starting threads on here with the word "Beware". It's a strong and snappy way of starting a thread but this woman is neither a wolf or electrified. Proportion please.